Chapter 9: Just fine

Elsa's PoV

The recording was very successful yesterday. It only took three tries and it sounds amazing. I'm still annoyed that Jack bailed on us but i can't change the past, can i?
I handed in the song to Miss in the morning with my USB stick and told her the people in my group. I didn't know whether to say Jacks name or not and Anna somehow convinced me not to. "He probably recorded his own song in the end" she said. I hope he did. Punzie, Merida, Anna and I then made our way to English. "Hey Punzie, how are things going with you know who?"

"Good actually. We had a whole lesson together on Tuesday and we spoke about a bunch of things. Oh Elsa, why do I like him?" Punzie sighed, I laughed at the lovesick girl, I'm surprised Im happy that she likes him. I would have thought I'd be fake-gagging at this.

"Punzie, you should say something."

"Can't you?" She asked.

"I can't Punzie. I told you my hands are tied. You made me promise not to say anything when I found out." I laughed, We stopped talking as we got into English.

"Wanna say hi to Jack?" Punzie asked me.

"Nope." I responded bluntly and walked straight to my desk. I guess I shocked Punzie a bit as she had to walk quicker to catch up. "Sorry punz. I didn't mean to make you run."

"It's okay but why aren't you wearing your heels?"

"I didn't feel like it. I thought I'd wear my flats today."

"And jeans? Now that I think about it I don't think I've ever seen you wear jeans at school. Nor have I seen you wear flats at school." I laughed at Punzies sudden realisation. "Hey the cheer list comes out today, want to check it at lunch?"

"Sure but then we are sitting with the boys. I know you made me try out because you didn't want to sit with Flynn." I responded before getting my things out of my bags. I heard Punzie awkwardly laugh and sit next to me.

Hiccups PoV

"You have a lot of explaining to do, mate." I said to Jack as soon as we sat down in English, "why weren't you there yesterday?"

"I couldn't do it." He responded lying.

"What were you doing then?"

"I can't say. Didn't Elsa tell you that?"

"She Did but She didn't seem too pleased with it."

"I hope you recorded your own song."

"I did, I'm not stupid. I knew you guys still wouldn't put my name on it."

"We nearly did." Jack laughed at this, "I'm not kidding, Elsa wanted to put your name on it but we all convinced her not to." He was silent after this, we saw Elsa and Punzie walk in, they stood by the door for a few seconds talking about something before Elsa quickly made it to her seat. "Elsa doesn't seem happy."

"So"

"Jack, I'm your best friend, don't think you can hide anything from me, you know that right." He was about to respond when Anna and Merida came into the classroom. Merida left to go sit next to Elsa when Anna came towards us. "Good luck with her." I got out of my seat and walked to the back where Merida was sitting. "Hiya guys, guess whose joining you today"

"You?" Merida guessed.

"Yep, ten points to slitherin." I laughed sitting down next to her. Elsa moved her head to speak to me.

"Why is Anna sitting next to Jack?"

"She asked if we could swap this morning so she could have a private chat with Jack. I'm guessing it's about yesterday and the fact that he wasn't there but good luck with that because he isn't spilling anything."

"Um, I'll be back." Elsa said before standing up and quickly running towards Anna.

Elsa's PoV

"Hi Michael, do You want to swap places with me for today. You can sit at the back with Punzie and Merida. Rapunzel is friends with Tinkerbell, she might be able to hook you up with her if you speak to her." I asked Michael, i knew he liked Tinkerbell. I pretty much know who everyone in this school likes. He nodded his head and quickly swapped places talking to Rapunzel as soon as he got there. I sat down in his seat and turned to face Anna.

"Hi Anna, how are you?" I asked, clearly shocking her.

"Er hey Elsa, what are you doing in Michael seat?"

"I thought we could have some sisterly bonding in English. Wouldn't you agree?"

"No" I knew I ruined her plan by her short answer. My only problem now is im near Jack which wasn't my plan either. Ms Belle came in the classroom a minute later and started explaining today's task.

"Alright guys, You are all going to get an extract from a famous William Shakespeare play and in a group you are going to annotate a certain theme. So it'll be group of threes and you are just going to go into threes by where you are sitting." She started handing around an A3 sheet of Paper to every group and an A5 piece of paper which had the extract on, Anna was first to speak.

"So looks like we are a group." She stated awkwardly, I moved my seat closer to Anna's desk and Jack did the same. "Okay, so the extract is from Romeo and Juliet. Who has the theme?"

Jack raised his hand and placed the paper on Anna's desk, "Love And hate" great! Perfect for the group. After numerous arguements, We actually started to annotate and get somewhere with the English project.

 After numerous arguements, We actually started to annotate and get somewhere with the English project

Our final project actually looked quite good in the end. Anna decorated the page with Love hearts and broken hearts. I guess she just wanted to find something to do in this awkward mess. "Why is it awkward?" Jack asked. Oh I don't know because Anna thinks your my true love, she thinks you like me and I like you, you ditched us yesterday. I don't know, take a guess. Any of them will do. "No ones gonna answer, okay then."

"Why didn't you record the song with us?" Anna blurted out. I did not expect her to ask that question.

"For the third time, i couldn't." Jack simply responded.

"But why?" Anna persisted.

"I just couldn't. Now can we let this go please."

"Fine."

"Thank You Anna, Elsa are You chill with everything" I most certainly wasn't but I hate being in awkward situations.

"Um, yeah, everything is fine" I said and quickly under my breath I added, "just fine."