Chapter 10.2: What I Did for Love?

Elsa's PoV

I thought our performance was quite good but I'm not sure how good that last note sounded. Everyone else seemed to like it, they all clapped. A few more groups were after us and then miss called out Jacks performance. He stiffened beside me so I turned to face him and smiled. I think this calmed him down slightly.

[Jack]
Kiss today goodbye
The sweetness and the sorrow
Wish me luck, the same to you
But I can't regret
What I did for love, what I did for love

Look, my eyes are dry
The gift was ours to borrow
It's as if we always knew
And I won't forget what I did for love
What I did for love

Gone
Love is never gone
As we travel on
Love's what we'll remember

Kiss today goodbye
And point me toward tomorrow
We did what we had to do
Won't forget, can't regret
What I did for love

What I did for love
What I did for love
What I did for love

As much as it pains me to say, Jack was really good. I think I was one of the first few people to clap him. He does have a really nice voice after all. He looked at me when I clapped and I smiled at him, it's a friendly thing to do. He was definitely less tense by the end of the song which makes me wonder more. If he was this nervous why did he do a solo instead of a group number with his friends.

"Well done Jack, you were really good!" I complemented shocking him and I think everyone else.

"Thanks Els, You too, the five of you were all really good. I'm sorry I bailed last minute." He apologized.

"That's fine. We understand that you have your reasons and you might not want to share them." I accepted his apology on behalf of everyone. The end of the day quickly came and we all made our way to the car park. "See You all tomorrow" Anna and I said before leaving. We got home and I quickly kissed mum on the cheek. She was working from home today so I was able to see her. "Hi mum, can I go out in a minute to Starbucks?"

"Sure sweetie, just don't be too late back."

"I won't" I ran upstairs to my room and got changed into a pair of shorts and a vest top, I put my jacket on and got my purse and phone placing them into my bag. "Going to Starbucks Anna, do you want me to bring you anything back?"

"I'm fine thanks." I nodded and jogged back downstairs, "bye mum". I wasn't in any rush to get to Starbucks but I wanted some more fresh air so the quicker I got outside the better. I started walking to Starbucks whilst listening to music on my phone. My favourite song came on and so I started to hum it.

The song ended and I thought I heard someone behind me but it was probably just my imagination. I kept on walking. Once again, I heard a noice behind me, I slowly turned around, afraid of what I might see. "You scared me!" I said when I realized who it was.

"Sorry" He laughed, "where are you going?"

"Starbucks, you wanna join?"

"Sure." I smiled when he agreed to come. "I just want to say again how amazing your performance was."

"Thanks Jack. I loved your performance too. It seemed so emotional, why'd you choose the song?" I asked. He hesitated for a while.