Chapter Six

“And all the while I feel like I’m standing in the middle of a crowded room, screaming at the top of my lungs, and no one even looks up.” -The Titanic

POV OF CHLOE PAYNE

"Shouldn't you be in school?" I questioned Justin, who barely shrugged, obviously not caring.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" He countered me, flipping his blonde hair, walking down the street with me. I shoved my hands in my pockets and sped up my pace, not wanting him to be around much longer.

"Touche," I carelessly responded, not even bothering to look at him. I stared blankly at the road in front of me, wondering why he was following me. I knew Rocco was the one that lived next to me, but maybe Justin lived somewhere around there too.

"So, where'd you move here from?" He asked, staring intensely at me. I bit my tongue to hold back a sarcastic remark, I didn't want to speak with him and all he was trying to do was pick up a conversation. I was exhausted, my wrist hurt, I felt emotionally drained and really all I wanted was to cry, but I wasn't sure why.

Being followed by a guy from school wasn't really on the top of my 'things to do' list.

"Shouldn't you be with your girlfriend right now?" I snapped at him, finally letting a bit of my annoyance flow out. He seemed almost startled, his big happy grin wiping off his face. I don't think anyone's actually ever been mean to him, he always seemed so happy and just by my rude tone I thought he was going to cry.

"Oh-I.." He stuttered, his voice breaking. I looked up at him to see him frowning at the ground, looking all adorable like.

"I'm so sorry," I immediately apologized, just when I stopped walking. He just nodded, his eyes trained on the ground. "Really, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm just having a bad day."

I felt uncomfortable just standing there, so I nervously tossed my arms around his shoulders, pulling him into a hug. His grin blew up, and he hugged me back so tightly that I couldn't breath.

"We're going to be such good friends," He squeezed me even tighter, "Let's hang out! Come with me, I know this amazing coffee store that I always want to go to but the boys never come with me, and Lacey doesn't drink coffee. So please, it's right down the road. Let's go!" He exploded with words, so many that it took me a while to catch what he said. All the while, he was bouncing up and down on the toes of his feet and waiting for my answer.

"Alright," I barely finished my word when he wrapped his large hand around mine, yanking me forwards. I struggled to keep my walking normal, I was stumbling and almost jogging because of Justin's quick pace.

"It's right down this road!" He seemed so excited, like a child on Christmas morning. Was this his actual personality? I noticed the cosy looking, isolated cabin like cafe that sat in the corner of the road, with a welcoming look to it.

Dreaming Winds Cafe

There were outside wood tables, cushions on the seat and there were large windows that made the place seem more outdoors and cosier. As we neared it, Justin dropped my hand and began to full speed sprint towards the store, a high pitched squeal escaping his lips.

I laughed at him, tossing my head back in disbelief. At school, Justin was just like the other four of them. He seemed so up tight and mysterious, but it humored me that when you were alone with him, he was so open, so hyper, so crazy. I opened the door of the shop, Justin already standing at the counter looking over the cash register's head. The woman behind the counter was literally drooling as she checked Justin out, but he didn't seem to notice because he was to busy deciding what kind of hot drink he would get.