Chapter Eight

"But how do I know I don’t just feel what I’ve been told to feel?"

POV OF CHLOE PAYNE

"Did he kiss you first?"

         Looking up, my gaze landed on a huge plate of lunch food. My two best friends, Gwen and Steph sat down at the lunch table, sitting across from me. Only Gwen had a lunch tray, and she raised her eyebrows, waiting for me to respond.

   "Uh," I groaned out, before grabbing neck with my bare hand. "I'm not sure, I think I did." I gave her a quick smile, before focusing back on my project.

"Oh." Gwen grimaced at me, "Well you sure made Ron a very happy man."

      I couldn't miss the sarcasm in her voice, so I didn't respond to save myself from a fight. The lunch table was silent, Steph's unusual silence not going unnoticed. Still, I didn't speak, trying to finish this drawing as quickly as I could.

For my most beautiful drawing, I decided to draw Ron, since he was the one who had brought me the amazing sketchbook in the first place. There was a lot of tension at the table, but I tried to ignore it.

The table moved forward a bit when a tray dropped down right next to me. Ron plopped down, smiling at me. During the kiss, Ean had wandered down the stairs only to find what Ron and I were doing down stairs. Luckily, it was only a heated make out because if it was anything farther and we got caught in the act I wouldn't be able to show my face again.

     "That's me!" Ron exclaimed, tossing his arm over my shoulder while he pointed at my drawing. I didn't miss Gwen's narrowed eyes at Ron's arm. She was acting so strange and even more bossy lately, it was getting obnoxious.

"You're drawing Ron?" Steph asked, her eyes wide, seeming nervous. I nodded slowly, a bit confused. Everyone had been acting weird lately. 

      "I need to go." I quickly said, standing up from the lunch table, and grabbing my drawing. I stumbled out of the cafeteria, my stomach doing flips. I felt sick, like I was going to throw up. All I had eaten all day was a muffin Steph had given me, and it had me filled up before, but I felt it about to come up once again.

With a quick look behind me, I saw Ron chasing after me, but I ignored his calls, trying to get to the bathroom as fast as I could. I turned into the bathroom just in time, pushing past some girl who was doing her make up, before heaving over the toilet.

        "Man, calm down! I didn't mean to smash into you!" It was the panicked voice of Ron, and I got to my feet, wiping my mouth with a paper towel. I felt disgusting, I was never a big fan of purging. My skin looked flushed and pale, so I lightly smacked my cheeks, hoping I'd get more color.

I anxiously looked over at the door, wondering who Ron was talking to before. I picked up my books from the floor, still in a daze. My eyes travelled up from the floor, seeing Ron shoved against the wall, who ever had him pressed against it was pressing their thick arm against his throat.

             "What's going on?" I spoke, not realizing how weird my voice sounded. What was in that muffin Steph gave me this morning? Maybe I was allergic to something and that's why it was making me act so strange.

Ron looked over at me, shaking his head. But he was let loose, the man who was pinning him against the wall staring at me.

Rocco. He seemed so worried, I think. Taking only two graceful steps toward me, he was directly in front of me, our chests so close. That only made me feel dizzier, and my stomach felt upset once again.