Chapter Ten

"I'd like to slit your throat with the knife you left in my back."

POV OF CHLOE PAYNE

         "Good morning," I whispered to Leo, sliding into the wooden chair behind him. He gave me a strange look, since it was four in the morning. That, and well Leo and I haven't been getting along well. I realized, finally, how I had been acting for the past week was completely beyond ridiculous- and abnormal.

I came to the conclusion that I was just stressed from moving to this new town.

"Finally pulled yourself together?" Leo barked, now digging into his cereal a bit more rambunctiously then before. Instead of taking offense to his comment, I lowered my head.

"Everyone has rough days, Leo." I muttered, "You out of all people should know that." I grabbed the extra bowl off the table and poured myself a bowl of cereal also.

Leo leaned back in his chair, stretching his arms and sighing. "I'm sorry I over-reacted, I've just never seen you like that before. I guess it just scared me."

A goofy grin blew up on my face, "I'm sorry for acting that way. I'm just stressed."

Leo nodded, forgiving me. Smiling to myself, I cursed my horomones for making me act like a weak, horrible sister to my brother, to everyone.

With the clock clicking impaitently, I realized it was five in the morning but we didn't have school today. With out even asking Leo what the hell he was doing up this early, I jumped to my feet, catching his attention.

   "I want to do something fun!" I exclaimed, only to be hit by Leo. He whispered for me to shut up and lower my voice. I bounced up and down impaitently.

"Fine," Leo groaned out, "How about something illegal?" He winked, a devious smirk plastered onto his face- only exciting me even more.

Snatching Calvin's keys off the counter top, we both sprinted out the front door as fast as we could. I hoped into the passenger seat, tossing Leo the keys and buckled my seat belt while he started the roaring engine.

He began backing out of the driveway the moment the front door smashed open, Thomas running out like a manaic. He shook his head at the sight of us, before walking back inside, slowing pulling his glasses off.

   I laughed at my little brother, he was always such a weirdo and I never knew what to do with him. Leo chuckled easily to, we both didn't even worry-- knowing him he would never ever tell on us.

"Where do you want to go?" I leaned back in my seat, turning the radio on quietly. Stopping at a red light, Leo looked over at me.

"How about that pancake house down on the main road?" He suggested, keeping to the beat of the music by patting the drivers wheel. "It opens around now."

"Perfect!" I squealed, scrolling my window down and letting the cool morning air run into the car. I leaned my head back against the seat. We only had ten days left of school until the exams and regents began; and when that all ended, summer would finally begin.

We pulled in front of the small pancake house, both of us climbing out of the car at the same time. I liked the cosy look of the place, it was really welcoming looking.

    Entering the almost empty place, Leo and I took a seat in a booth in the corner of the place with a view of the parking lot and woods out the window.

The waiter, who seemed very tired took our order before she headed off back to tell the chef. Other then the employees, absolutely no one was here. Around five, Leo and I were both digging into our large order of food that we were no where close to finishing and the door opened- the bell ringing.