Chapter Twelve

"When I’m good, I’m good… but when I’m bad I’m better."

POV OF CHLOE PAYNE

         "Can we please talk?" Steph stood in front of me, twisting her blonde hair.  She had courage to come speak to me- I'd give her that. Especially because she had come alone, I felt like she never went anywhere with out someone by her side. I narrowed my eyes at her and leaned in closer to Leo's side. I couldn't even eat lunch in peace with out something happening.

"About what? You trying to kill me?" I whispered back to her, venom dripping from my words. To say I was angry would be an understatement. The least she could of done was explain everything to me, and I truthfully didn't think she had actually poisoned me until she ignored me right after. She just gave herself away- I mean, I would of fallen for her scheme if she pretended nothing happened. 

Her looks darkened after I spoke. I don't believe I've ever seen her angry, and personally I thought she was really ugly with a scowl on her face. Luckily, Leo was too busy chatting with one of his friends to hear our conversation.

"I was not trying to kill you." Steph's voice deepened, sounding much more intimidating than ever before. She leaned down closer to me, planting her two hands on the table in front of me. I was pleased to know she wasn't holding any weapons. Crazy bitch.

 I didn't let my surprise show at her different behavior, instead I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Oh really?" I sarcastically asked, hoping my voice sounded as confident as I wanted it to be. She leaned in closer to me, her blonde hair swarming around her face. The expression on her face was demon-like, but I didn't show my fear.

"I warned you, Chloe." She threatened, "I told you to stay away from him. But you couldn't listen, could you? Your not going to be saved this time."

She was interrupted by Leo, who had just turned towards us but had not heard anything. Her words sunk into me, taking me moments to process them. And when I comprehended what she said, she had stopped talking and stared Leo down for a few moments before walking towards the exit of the cafeteria.

"What was that about?" Leo asked, looking over at me. I shrugged, pressing my lips together. I've never really been a big fan of drama- so I didn't know much about it. But I was more then positive that she was bringing this beyond drama. Did she just threaten me?

 I spotted Steph run into Ean's arms, kissing him. So they were together now? Ean looked over her shoulder to make eye contact with me, giving me a strange look that I couldn't figure out.

Right then Rocco entered the room.

His presence was so well known, he held so much power and strength. He strutted when he walked and people made a clearing way for him. Even Ean and Steph backed up a bit, watching his group nervously.

    Justin and Ethan stood a bit behind him. With the two boys behind Rocco, it made him look even scarier, his large, tall body seeming broader. He looked like a leader. 

          I wondered curiously where the rest of the group was. I knew since Justin was here, Lacey had to appear anytime soon. It was almost funny, how they stuck together. They made people question about them- almost as if they were celebrities. But no one dared to say a word- that's why we believed the rumours, because no one had the courage to actually speak to them.

Some people are just too intimidating.

   Deep down I knew that if Rocco wasn't so persistent with following me around, I'd probably be one of the people around here that listened to the rumours. But only after a few times of hanging out with him, I knew he was different then what they all say.