Chapter Nineteen

"I was a living nightmare, straight from the pages of a horror novel."

POV OF CHLOE PAYNE

The next morning I didn't get out of bed. My mind was spinning with questions and I tried my best to push them back. After I had arrived home last night, I had been baracaded with questions and told my parents a few white lies so they wouldn't be worried.

But I was still worried.

"You came over to speak with Rocco. Nothing interesting happened. You won't say a word to anyone about anything that happened here and you will not repeat a word. You never saw Damon or me."

I had known something wasn't right when Mr Oliveri demanded those words. The pressure I had felt pushing down on my shoulders that made my legs wabble- that wasn't a normal demand. I wanted to test it out, I'm not sure why. But when I crawled into Leo's room and tried to speak to him last night, I tried to tell him the truth.

The moment I tried to say anything about Damon or Mr Oliveri it was like I had swallowed my tongue. I couldn't speak. I coughed out words and nothing I said made sense. Leo was staring at me like I had two heads and I ended up running out of his room.

Like Rocco had said to me yesterday, I was so used to ignoring anything that seemed out of the ordinary. So now that I wasn't ignoring it, my imagination was going everywhere.

"You think Rosie wouldn't find out? She's heard what you think about,"

How could Rosie have heard what Damon was thinking about? All of the ideas popping up in my head made my roll my eyes and realize I was over-reacting and over-thinking. I didn't want to think anymore about things that were scaring me.

The chance of Rocco and his family being something that was not human was close to slim.

Finally, I pushed myself up and out of curiosity, I looked over out my window towards Rocco's house. It was was nearly noon and I did not expect to see Rocco dripping with sweat, shirtless, crawling into his window. That distracted me from my intensifying thoughts. A startled gasp escaped my lips when I spotted him, and I moved away from the window, wondering what the hell he was doing.

Of course, I've stuck back into my house before, but I wasn't dripping with sweat and covered in mud. When I was sure he had gotten into his room, I peaked my head out so I could see into his room again.

Oh shit. There he was, standing in his room like some sort of sex god, wiping his body down with a towel. His muscles flexing as he moved, standing only in a pair of boxers. I inhaled deeply, taking in the sight and almost let out a moan of appreciation when his muscles tensed up and his chin tilted up.

I was almost positive he sniffed the air. His head suddenly and swiftly turned my way, his eyes darkest slate. But this time, I didn't try to hide my face like I usually did. Instead I stayed there, watching him as my lips curved up into a smirk.

I could see the ghost of a smile on his lips as he cocked his head to the side. I was ready to jump out of my window and lunge into his room, god, and pin him down-

"Chloe," His voice was rough and dark, just the way I liked it, full with promises of things to come. His eyes were black with hunger, a needing hunger. I almost started panting with need. The sexual tension between us was intensifying and we were in different houses. I didn't trust myself if he came anywhere closer.

"Rocco," My voice was an unfamiliar sexual cry. Surprisingly, I didn't blush but I felt like hiding my face. His muscles were still flexed and he was slightly shaking, as if he was holding himself back. My breathing was uneven and I licked my dry lips.