Chapter Seven

"All those fairytales are full of shit, one more freaking love song I’ll be sick."

POV OF CHLOE PAYNE

When I arrived at school the next day, the absolute last thing I expected was to be tackled to the floor by Ron. But of course, it happened. My body smashed down to the gravel and his body pressed down on me, a huge grin on his face.

"I got you a present!" He exclaimed, sounding excited, his eyes sparkling and he rushed to get off me so he could reach into his bag. After standing up and brushing dirt off me, I blushed, noticing that a few people were staring at us because of the little scene. Ron reached into his bag, pulling out a thick looking black, hard covered sketch book.

He handed it over to me, my fingers sliding across the cold cover, a smile crossing my lips while I flipped open the book, to see my name scribbled on the corner of the page in Ron's hand writing.

"Thank you so much!" A huge smile was devouring my face when I wrapped my arms around Ron's neck and pulled him into a powerful bear hug. "Your the best." I muttered into his shoulder, squeezing his shoulders.

"Sure thing princess," Ron laughed, running his fingers over my back.

"Are you two done yet?" The voice belonged to Gwen, and I clenched my jaw. There was always some hard edge to Gwen's voice, and even though she was my friend, the harsh way she communicated was just hard to get used to.

I pulled away from Ron, my grip on the sketchbook tightening like I was afraid someone would take it away from me. It was a simple gift, but I loved gifts, they always meant so much to me.

The bell for first class rang, and the daily commosion in the court yard began. Teenagers pushed and shoved to get through so they wouldn't be late. Like usual, I stayed behind waiting quietly for the pile of people to leave. Even my friends left but my class was close so I never was late.

While looking at the ground, I watched the shadow of another person get closer to me. Soon enough the person was standing right next to me; I looked up at them as I began to walk towards my classroom. Realizing it was just Lacey, Justin's girlfriend, I relaxed a bit- then again she was an Untouchable and I didn't want to be around them at all..

"Is that a sketchbook?" Her voice was very soft and delicate, like if she raised it to high it would break. I noticed she was looking at the new sketchbook that Ron had brought me and I nodded. I ran my fingers over the hard cover, enjoying the disinct feeling it had.

"Oh," I could see my science class door that was wide open, only a few feet away from us. "Maybe we can hang out, Chloe."

The hopeful look was glazed in her eyes and I knew their was no way I could ever say no. She bit her lip nervously, giving me a feeling that she didn't have many friends.

 So I smiled brightly and answered, "That'd be fun." At least I was beginning honest, I didn't believe she was boring or anything, but I knew if I hung out with her, Justin would be there and he'd probably bring along Rocco; with my luck.

The bell rang just as I entered my class room. Letting out a deep breath, I prepared myself for another boring school day. Art rolled around, the rest of my classes and blew by and the school was getting hot from the warm weather we were having. Kids were beginning to sweat, and I was pleased it was last period; I mean- do these kids know they smell this bad? Honestly, have they never heard of deordarent?

Entering Art class, I scurried to my seat. Everyone was already seated and had begun to draw, while Mr. Redwood stood in the front of the class room clearing his throat.