Chapter 19 :: Wait, That's Supposed To Be Me? .part one.

. Chapter 19 .

I had a horrible time writing this one. Sorry if it sucked. ^ -^

        Lucy sprung up into a sitting position, breathing heavily.

        Bad idea.

        She yelped with pain and fell back down, banging her head down on the hard stone ground in the process. This set her off on a cursing rant, as one hand held her stomach, (which wasn't bleeding anymore and had been crudely wrapped in clean bandages), while her other hand was rubbing the back of her head where she was pretty sure there was going to be a nasty bump.

        Being smart this time, Lucy sat up slowly and took in her surroundings. She was sitting in a dark cell, that smelled like rats . . . and fish? What?! Okay then. . .

        Continuing her inspection of the cell she was in, there was a door made of wood and with an iron handle. Thankfully, the door looked like it was rotting, giving Lucy a small glimmer of hope.. . . Maybe break the door and escape? Lucy thought to herself.

        Griting her teeth, she managed to push herself to the wall. Then, using it for support, she slowly pushed herself inch by inch up, ignoring the flame of pain in her core. Finally, with sweat dripping off her face and breathing hard, she was standing. Bleeding heavily and close to blacking out, but she had did it. She allowed herself a break and a smile.

        However seemed her effort was for naught, becuase of what happened next.

        Suddenly, Lucy heard footsteps and voices coming closer. A moment later, they seemed to be standing in front of the door that was before Lucy, judging by the shadows on the ground. There was a silence as they moved around a little, but they went back to talking.

        "How's that Celestial Wizard, Midnight?" a gruff voice asked.

        There was a snicker. "She'll be knocked out for a couple of days."

        "Good." Then there was a pause of silence, as if the guy was looking around. "Can I see the girl?"

        Shit, shit, shit, shit, say NO!

        "What? Don't trust my work?" the other guys said, sounding offended.

        There you go! There you go! Just believe him and now walk away like the little good dogs you are-wait what?

        The other main chuckled. "Just want to see her."

        A new voice joined the conversation, sounding like a womans. "I rather you check the boy."

        "I agree with Minerva. Isn't he supposed to be a Fire Dragon Slayer or something like that?"

        "But wasn't he beaten up? I heard he nearly died."

        "Yeah."

        Laughter filled the air as Lucy's stomach tightened and her eyes watered. They hurt . . . Natsu?! She bit her lip. This is my fault. And when it's my fault. Lucy looked up, eyes determined. I intend to fix it. I'm going to escape and then rescue Natsu. But then her head hung and there was a sweat drop. But first I need to outwait these stupid ass people.

        "Hey, do you know when that-"

        There was a sound of an alarm and a combonation of snorts and sighs. Lucy started at the sound of the alarm. She nearly fell from her standing position, almost wasting that long period of effort. The threesome standing outside, cursed and took off running.