Chapter Twenty-Eight :: Mama

        Suddenly, as if there had been a blanket above them and it had just been torn off, there was a shout of victory. More and more voices joined in and soon, everyone was screaming. The Lucys looked at each other smiled, relieved they could do it. However, the smiles were soon wiped off.

        "Edo-Lucy?!"

        The said Lucy was slowly going transparent, making the other Lucys start to freak out.

        "Ma, ma," she said. "It's fine. I'm just going back . . . I guess I'll see you guys around."

        The other two Lucys looked at each other and then back at Edo-Lucy.

        Edo-Lucy sighed, realizing she had to explain. After all, she had been given extra information from Mystogan about what would happen after this.

        "Since we've served our purpose here, everyone's gonna disappear . . . "

        Edo-Luy trailed off as she realized that these words were suddenly a lie. Fiore-Lucy and her friends were not going transparent. They were staying solid. Eyes wide, she was going to let out a shout, but it was too late.

        She was gone. Back home. Edo-Lucy's eyes widened as she saw her twerp Natsu catch her.

        The two Lucys looked back at each other. Both had seen Edo-Lucy's face. What had happened?

        All of the sudden, the ground shook. One of the walls gave way, nearly crushing Gajeel and Levy as they clung to each other.

        "What the hell's happening?!"

        Shit!

        They had forgotten about the extra magic!

        Lucy turned to Fiore-Lucy who was just staring at the bowl of magic, which was now starting to overflow. Panic was clear on both of their faces. What could they possibly do?!

        "Fiore-Lucy!"

        The said Lucy turned to her.

        "We need to get rid of it!

        Fiore-Lucy gaped. She couldn't . . . She didn't know how to do that. All she had thought, was that one blast was all that it was going to take. But that clearly wasn't enough. They needed to do something - and fast.

        Everyone was now fleeing the scene, fear radiating off them. Lucy looked back at the magic and studied it, barely noticing the flood of people leaving.

        Lucy then realized something strange about the magic. It almost seemed to . . . be alive.

        It's wild. Going crazy. It doesn't know what to do or where to go. It has no direction.

        An idea struck her mind.

        So let's give it a direction. One Direction . . . Ha. That's ironic . . .

        "Fiore-Lucy! We need a portal!"

        "Eh?!"

        Lucy turned to her. "We need a portal of some sort!"

        "I can't make one!" Fiore-Lucy yelled back, as a strong wind kind of tornado picked up.

        "Then how the hell do you summon the spirits?!"