Chapter 22 :: Gather Your Forces

        There were sounds of heavy panting and pounding feet that echoed through the hallways.

        An image of a decorated yet modernly designed hall.

        A glimpse of blue hair and orange fabric.

        A flash of scarlet red.

        All of the sudden, one of the smaller persons of the group slid to a stop with a yell. The rest of the haggard group slid to a stop as well, breathing hard.

        Romeo, the cause of this sudden stop, looked at Gray squarely in his eyes, face serious. "Are you sure that you're going the right way?"

        Gray froze then gave a nervous laugh. "Of course I do! We're nearly t - "

        "That's totally legit Gray!" Romeo rolled his eyes, sarcasm in his voice on an all time high. "We totally didn't just go around in circles."

        There were growls of annoyance and sounds of hands smacking foreheads. Gray gave a small, nervous chuckle as he grinned and scratched the back of his head. He could easily sense the killing intent coming from all of them.

        Dear Mom, it seems I'm about to get harassed and tortured to death by wild malicious animals that were just pretending to be human and my friends so that way I could be killed quicker.

        Erza and Levy stepped forward, their angry auras basically just pouring out waterfalls of hatred that could easily be visible. A chill ran down Gray's spine.

        P.S. I take that back. I'm going to be brutally murdered by two girls, then brought back to life and killed by them again, then brought back to life again and it seems the rest of them are going to kill me. I hope you're having a wonderful day.

        Gray could've sworn he heard the familiar howling laughter of his mother before the onslaught of fists and feet came upon him. Even my own mother?! was his last thought before everything turned black and blue.

.

        Everybody shivered in fear as they watched Gray be severely tortured by Erza and Levy. Juvia, on the other hand, was watching from the sidelines, unable to do anything. However, she was crying for the poor singer, now ice wizard.

        Shaking it off, Loke turned to the rest, that weren't either participating or weeping for Gray, (aka, Juvia), and spoke. "I think we should really figure out where we're going."

        "Nice way to state the obvious, idiot," Gajeel growled, rolling his eyes.

        "Well, we really need to get back on track!" Loke snapped, with his hands tightening.

        Apparently fed up with each other, they each started to glare each other down. The rest of them sighed. They really were just a bunch of idiots, weren't they?

        "W-Well, I might have a-an idea of where they are," Aries spoke up, breaking the mental fighting that was going on between Gajeel and Loke.

        Even the beating of Gray stopped and the two girls looked at Aries jaws dropped.

        "Eh?!" Levy screeched. "How do you know?!"

        Aries gave a small nervous laugh and probably said the most she's ever said in her life the next moment. "There was this r-really suspicious c-company that was renting out o-one of our buildings for the l-last month or s-so. We were going to c-call the police on them tomorrow, b-because we thought they were a bit too w-weird and we found some unusual things."