Chapter 20 :: Wait, That's Supposed to Be Me? .part two.

. Chapter 20 .

I’m really getting annoyed because WORD is screwing everything up, but I still need to use it. [cries] Maybe I’ll just write it in my emails instead. :3 By the way, I was planning on doing like only five chapters after this. ;-; However, due to some reconstructing, I've had to make it longer, so you guys better be happy. ;D

                One . . . two . . . three . . . Push!

                Lucy threw herself into the door and down it went with a bang. She leaned against where the door used to be, breathing hard. She had been throwing herself at that door for maybe the last hour or two? But who cares now. She was out – and she needed to check up on Natsu.

                Limping over to the door that was next to hers on the left, she opened the sliding little eye viewer and peered in. “Natsu?”

                There was no reply as a pair of bright blue eyes looked up. A scratchy voice questioned, “W-Who are you?”

                Lucy was taken aback. Judging by his voice, he was a young boy, probably eleven or twelve. Another though crossed her mind. There are other prisoners here? Then shook her head. Of course there would be. Her hand went to the handle to open it. However, the prisoner stopped her.

                “D-Don’t hurt me!” he cried, pushing himself against the way, making it even harder for Lucy to see him in the darkness.

                Tears threatened to pool up in her eyes. They . . . this . . . This group . . . had done this? Made people so scared . . .

                “No child,” Lucy said gently. “I won’t hurt you. I’m just here to help, okay?”

                Sounds of sniffling were her answer.

                “I’m going to open the door, okay?” she continued. “It’s up to you whether you want to come with us or not.”

                “Us?”

                She sighed. “Yes, us. I have a friend here too.”

                Her hand turned the handle and it opened, surprisingly. How come this . . . door wasn’t locked? Maybe . . . Maybe they were cocky. Or. Or. . . Lucy’s thoughts trailed off. She would have to worry about that later. Right now, she needed to find Natsu.

                Turning around, she eyed three other doors. She limped over to the first one and opened the eye viewer and peered in. “Natsu? You in there?”

                Lucy was met with growls. Her eyes widened as she quickly shut the viewer. I don’t want to know what’s in there.

                She quickly moved on to the next door. Peering in, she was met by a figure, laying on the ground in the middle of the cell. “Natsu?”

                There was silence, before a pained grunt of acknowledgement came. Lucy opened the door and ran inside. She kneeled down on the ground and looked the pinkette over.

                He was bleeding, one of his arms was hanging off at a humanely impossible angle, bruises, cuts, everything . . . Lucy grabbed his good arm and pulled it over her shoulder, grunting slightly.

                “L-Luce . . .”

                She pulled him to his feet and shifted slightly to allow Natsu to lean on her. “What?”