Chapter 3

Ouch! Why does my head hurt? I thought before I opened my eyes-or tried to anyway- only to quickly shut them as the bright sunlight hurt my eyes.

Slower this time I opened my eyes allowing it to adjust to the light, as I did so I spotted the familiar face of my best friend Ellice; who for some reason was staring down at me with a look of concern in her big curly- lashed brown eyes. I groaned, rubbing my temples.

“Ari,” she said wrapping her arms around me.

“Thank goodness you’re alright.”

For a moment I was a bit shocked at her statement, but then I took in my surroundings. “Why am I in the nurses sick-room?’’ I asked as I saw Nurse Danny make his way towards me and Izzy.

“You bumped your head,” Izzy replied, finally letting go of me.

“I did?” I asked flabbergasted. I had no memory of this.

“Yes, you did miss Noble,” Danny interjected. “But don’t worry,” he continued, “It’s unlikely to be a concussion, although we have to run a few test to be sure.”

I looked up at Nurse Danny still feeling disorientated, taking in he's appearance he was quite the opposite of what one might consider your typical nurse. For one, he's a dude and secondly, he's cool.

When I didn’t say anything for a while Izzy was the one to break the silence with her short curls bouncing as she spoke. “Actually, you fainted and while you fell back that’s when you bumped you're head. It’s weird actually, it’s almost like you passed out while you were passing out.”

I looked up at her while still rubbing my forehead. “How did I get here?” I asked, tugging at the blankets to emphasize my point.

“Oh after you passed out, your boss brought you here in his car with Maddy, Randy, and Jordan.” My eyes widened at the last name, and suddenly the events that transpired the previous night started to come back to me in a blur; the muffins, the song, Jordan's singing, and then Luther and his squeaky voice.

“Jordan punched Luther,” I spat before even thinking.

“Yes, Maddy filled us in on the whole thing,” Izzy said. “Thank god that you’re all alright,” she added grimacing.

I quickly sat up on the cot, if Luther’s nose was bleeding he’d probably come here for some medical aid.

“What are you doing?” Nurse Danny asked as I started climbing out of the cot.

“I need t-to get out of here. H-he’s in here,” I said as I began to involuntarily hyperventilate. He put he's hands on my shoulder trying to restrain me.

“Calm down Aria, just relax its ok,” he said.

“No-no-no he's coming to get me. He said he's coming to-.”

“Who, Who is he?” he asked while still trying to restrain me.

By now, tears had already begun to well up in my eyes making everything in the room seem blurry.

“Luther! He wants to get me,” I screamed fighting of both Nurse Danny and Izzy, who now joined the ‘restrain Aria’ squad.

“No Aria, he's not here, he hasn’t been to school for the past day!” Yelled Izzy her voice coming out a bit shaky because of the effort she was exerting trying to restrain me.

Somehow I lost my focus for a second and Nurse Danny was able to get a good hold on me and I was pinned. “Aria it’s ok. You’re safe, he can’t hurt you now,” he said in an earnest tone of voice.