Chapter 8

I quietly joined Trevor who seemed to be in deep thought as he scrutinize every move Celina made. Sitting alongside him mindlessly twirling my baton in and out of each hand. "Trevor, what the hell is going on?"

"Jules, I'm not sure." Trevor remained steadfast as he tried to figure out the missing piece of the puzzle.

"I know that you all me pegged as the 'drama king', but Celina sucking up fire scared the shit out of me." Finally Trevor took notice, dragging his eyes from Celina and settling them on me. Trevor shook his head as confusion and uncertainty clouded his face.  

"I feel helpless man, I have all this knowledge floating in my head but its useless if I can't use it!" For the first time I could remember, Trevor was unsure of himself.  He was always the confident one of our group and had the ability to take charge no matter what the crisis.  But right now, that confidence was gone.

"Trevor, I know that usually we all look to you as the man with the answer. But this is so much bigger than us.  If we had more training with our abilities and you had more time with Thadius, this shit wouldn't be so difficult!" I reassuringly patted him on the back.

"Thanks Jules."

"No prob. I see Korin seems to be more accepting of Celina's choice of becoming Queen." We watched as Korin tentatively cater to Celina, bring her something to eat while they were huddled in private conversation.

"It seems that way. One good thing out of this hellish day is the fact that Celina's wolf is still connected to her.  I just hope that when the time comes and her wolf is back, Korin will step up and do what is required."

"You don't think he will be an ass and refuse to let her mark him first?"

"I don't know, we are not exactly on buddy-buddy terms."

"What will you do if he backs out?"

"Do what we had planned originally, of course.  If Korin doesn't want to participate in the mating process, then I will."  Trevor stood brushing off his pants and glancing down at me. "Jules, I know Celina demanded to be on first watch, but I want you to pair up with her.  You need to watch her closely. I'm going to use the time to see if I can find anything in this jumble up mess in my head that can explain what is going on."

"No prob, Trev.  You can count on me!"

**********

A few hours later and staying up with a uncommunicative Celina became a stressful time.  She didn't seem herself, not responding to any of my antics to get her to smile.  She was distant and moody staring off into the sky.  After three hours of talking to myself, I quit trying to engage her into any type of conversation. I leaned against the tree and twirled my baton.  I found that did this when I was bored or anxious.  

"JULES!! WAKE YOUR ASS UP!!!"  I stretched looking up at an angry Trevor rubbing my leg.

"Shit Trev, what crawled up your ass.  You didn't have to kick me so hard!"

"Get yo ass up and tell me what see."

Trying to contain a yawn but failing miserably, I glance around to look at not just Trevor's pissed off face but the annoyed faces of Andrew, Tim, and downright scary face of Korin.  I turned to my right where Celina was sitting, "Celina, what the hell is wrong...." Did my eyes deceive me because next to me was nothing.

Korin grabbed me by the neck, "If anything happens to her I will personally jammed that baton up your ass!" He then shoved me back but I caught myself after a few stumbling feet backward.

"I'm sorry Trev, I was up the whole time, I swear.  I just doze off for a minute. She couldn't have been gone that long."  

 Andrew and Tim was scouring the area, when Andrew picked up her trail.  "Hey guys, she might have about a hour head start. This area is still warm." 

I screwed up my nose when I realized that Andrew had found where Celina had peed.  Fuck, that was disgusting.  We all shifted into our wolfs, with Korin and Trevor in the lead and I brought up the rear.  I know that this time I had definitely screwed up and I hope that we find her unharmed.  I have a feeling that my baton is the least of my worries if Celina has even a scratch on her.