Chapter 34

Trevor had gotten the gate to make its slow rise breaking the seal of the fortress allowing our main forces to even up the odds.

The ground shook and the sky was filled with the sounds of thundering paws and blood thirsty roars as Raven and Sage descended down on us.

"Close the gates!" The king shouted as a wave of royals headed our way. I sent out a command to everyone fighting in the castle to form a barrier between us and the gates. We couldn't let them close the gates before our ranks were replenished.

Our wolves clashed with the royal wolves in a struggle for dominance the sounds of growling and whimpering dampens the air.  Trevor’s warrior wolf was tearing through the royals using his razor sharp teeth to rip out their throats and using the spikes on his body to slice up others.  I stayed in my human form using the suit to electrify the royals I came in touch with and swinging my sword to finish them off.

“Enough!” the king roared. Automatically the royals retreat standing in front of their king as he looked down on us from the high platform of the building. “I am your king, and this is over! Bow down to your king!”

I sent out a mindlink for everyone to back down and stand back.  Trevor, Sage, and Raven had joined me as I stepped forward before the line of royals at his feet. “No you are not the rightful ruler! You bow down to your Queen!”

The king nodded and two men came to stand beside him dragging an unconscious Korin between them.  The king sent me a grin his eyes showing his superiority.  “If you don’t stand down, I will kill your mate.”

Anger flared inside of me and the thought that he would treat Korin’s life so carelessly made rationale thinking to disappear.  I let out a loud warning growl to the royals that were holding up Korin’s limp body, his head was rolled forward his feet dragging on the ground. “Let him go, and your death with be painless.”

The king laughed, “I hold the all the cards, my dear niece. This is your last chance to save those who follow you.  I can’t let your treachery go unanswered, you will die, but I will spare all those who follow you if they turn and leave now. Your lowly wolves are no match for my royals.”

There was a low murmur among my people the same feeling running through them.  They wanted to stay and fight.  No one trusted the word of the king, if they were going to die they would face it head on and not with their backs turned.

“No.” I spat.

“So be it.” The king stated flatly.  His eyes slid towards Korin and I watched as the man who raised me and I thought of as father joined the king.  Thadius walked over to Korin placing his hands on either side of Korin’s head and glance over to the king.  My body tense and in matter of seconds I watch as the king nodded his head and Thadius jerked Korin’s head with a force that it snapped.  The royals that were holding Korin let go and his lifeless body crumpled to the ground.

My mind snapped as I processed that Thadius killed my mate.  Thadius killed Korin. My eyes snapped from Korin’s body that lay as a heap on the ground to the king and everything around me vanished.  The only thing I saw was the sly grin and evil glint in the king’s eye.  The king who was of my blood, the king who killed my mother and father, the king who robbed me of the life I could have had, the king who just killed my mate.  A red haze filled my vision and all control was gone, I let out a painful cry and shot out towards the king.  All I wanted was to taste his blood in my mouth as I ripped out his throat.

“No Celina!”  I barely registered the warning in Trevor’s voice as I ran towards the king transforming into my Queen Wolf. As I phased a ball of energy pulsated from my wolf knocking everyone around me in a fifty feet radius in the air.  The bodies of the royals in front of me and my people behind me went soaring in all directions in the air making a clear path to the king.  I ran taking large strides and leaped in the air landing on the stairs right below the platform my rage filled gaze looked onto the haughty glare of the king. 

The king seemed unfazed by me charging towards him with vengeance fueling the charge.  I made the last leap up to the platform he was standing on and grinning at me. I roared at his arrogance and I made the last leap to him baring my canines ready to sink in his neck. 

A flash of black was all it took for me to realize why he seemed so smug and unfazed by my attack.  He had the dagger in his hand.  The dagger was the secret mission that Jules had been searching for in the castle since he delivered my message.  The same dagger that almost made Trevor bench me from fighting with the others.  The dagger that everyone thought was a myth because it has not been seen in centuries.  The mythical dagger that was rumored could kill Queen Wolves regardless of their abilities, only it wasn’t a myth.    A weapon that was forged as a failsafe in case a Queen Wolf became uncontrollable and dangerous to her people. It was created by the moon goddess to be immune to our abilities.  

The dagger that was now in the kings hands to use to strike me dead and end any attempt to overthrow him. It was too late to change my trajectory; I was already airborne heading straight for the king and the dagger that was gripped tightly in his hand.  

Something hard slammed into my side sending me tumbling away from my target and my certain death.  My wolf body crashed into the ground and the added weight of whoever hit me sent us falling off the edge of the raised platform to the stairs below.  The hard impact on the stairs was softened by whoever had knocked me away from the king.  Our bodies tangled in a heap down the bumpy stairs landing in a twisted knot on the ground.  My body phased from wolf to human my body armor automatically covering my nude body. 

I struggled to get to my feet holding onto my bruised sides from the battering we just received on our decent. I cried when my eyes landed on the battered body of Trevor’s black wolf.  I sank to my knees pulling his giant wolf head into my lap rubbing his silky fur blood now coated with blood.  “No Trevor.” A sob ripped through my throat.

“Kill her!”  The king’s command from above hung in the air and the disoriented royals that were knocked clear of the area from the power pulse from wolf stumbled to their feet.  The king’s royals shook off their shock from the unexpected attack and focus their attention back onto me kneeling on the ground cradling Trevor.

Jules, Sage, and Raven warrior wolves surge forward forming a circle around me and Trevor snarling at the royals facing us.  My people joined us reforming the line waiting for the command to attack.  Me and my high guard were in the center and I mindlinked for someone to come and get Trevor and I rose from the ground my sword appeared in my hand. 

 I gave the word, “attack!” and we rushed the royals. I left the main forces to get to the king.  As long as he had that dagger I was vulnerable and I knew he had no problem killing me with my back turned. I ran up the stairs with a small group following me as we fought our way up the stairs.  The king had disappeared from the platform and I sent out word for anyone to tell me when they spot him.  My guess is that he cowered back into the castle like the coward he was and that was where I was headed.

((A/N))

O. M. G. that was intense. I added a video of how Celina is feeling! Title, Vengeance, of course!

Let me have it! Let me know what you think!