Chapter 32

Chapter 32

I kept a wary eye on Trevor when we return back to the main house.  I didn’t trust that he wouldn’t follow through with his threat and tell my secret to Korin.

“Celina, are you with me?”

“Huh?”

“I was asking what Trevor wanted and you phased out on me.  Anything I need to be aware of?”

“No just honing my skills for the battle tomorrow.” I turned my full attention on Korin wrapping my arms around his neck and place a kiss on my mark.

“Don’t try to distract me, what’s up?” Korin placed firm hands on my waist pulling me from his warmth to make eye contact.

“Nothing really Korin, just Trevor being over protective and anal about the details.” I felt that Korin was not buying it.  Damn I racked my brain for a cover up story when a door was slammed so hard that it stopped all the conversation in the room.  We all looked at the door to see Raven making frustrating sounds and stalking off in the opposite direction. 

“Gotta go.” I left Korin’s arms and signal for Sage and we both ran after Raven.

We heard another door slam in the distance and followed the stairs up to her room.  I knocked on the door, “Raven it’s me and Sage, can we come in?”

No sound. I twisted the knob cracking the door, “Raven it’s me, Celina.” I peered over at Sage and she nodded her head for us to enter.  I widen the door and we stepped inside and Sage quietly closed the door. The room was empty but Sage pointed to the balcony.

“Raven?” Sage called out as we walked through the balcony door.  Raven was staring out in front of her while her hands gripped the railing. “Raven, what happened?”

Raven didn’t respond to Sage’s question for a few seconds and then turned to us. “It’s Jace. He told me, no scratch that he demanded that I stay her to watch over the families that were staying behind.  Of course he tries to justify as a ‘just in case’ some of the King’s men show up here.  But we all know it’s because he doesn’t want me going to the main battle.”  Raven gushed out her frustration.

I could totally relate to what she was going through, since Trevor almost tried to do the same thing to me.  “Raven, Jace is worried about you.”

“I know but he didn’t he give me such a hard time before.  I can take of myself, I’m almost a better fighter than he is.” Raven mumbled and dropped her head her anger dissipating.

“Do you know why he sent me off on the mission to retrieve Korin and Trevor?”

We shook our heads.

“He thought it was the less risky of the two choices.  He thought I would be in more danger if I had gone to the castle with you guys when the queens from the other countries were here.”  I didn’t realize that Jace felt so strongly about minimizing Raven’s exposure to fighting.

“It’s his mate instinct that has him acting that way.  I want to say don’t take it personal, but I would be hypocrite.  I know it hurts that they can’t trust us to be as strong as them.  We are not weak females.  The men in our lives are going to have to get over it and deal with it.” I spewed letting some of my frustration seep into my words.

“Raven and Celina at least your mates are here with you to be overprotective.  Mine is missing in action and goddess knows where he is or if he is alright. I don’t know what it feels like to have a mate be so overprotective but I do know that they care about us.  We have to over look some of their stupid decisions and thought process and remember they love us.” I squeezed Sage’s hand because I knew she was still upset about Colin’s disappearance.

“I’m so sorry, Sage.  I feel so petty.” Raven squeezed Sage into a bear hug. “You are right, I’m sure Colin is okay. I know tomorrow we will be okay.”

“I’m not going to sugar coat this, tomorrow is going to be bad.  Let’s promise to have each other backs.” I didn’t want to downplay what tomorrow will bring us.  I wanted to be realistic, because the fight tomorrow will be hard on us all.

“Celina is right.  We all have an advantage that no one else will have on the battlefield.  We are warrior wolves and we will preserve.” Sage words were strong and encouraging giving Raven a little of her fire back.

“Damn right we are warrior wolves.  Jace will have to deal with it.  Celina, you are not going to be persuaded by him to make me stay?”

“Of course not! I want you out there near me.  I wish I could have all my guard with me tomorrow.”

“Raven?” Jace stood at the entrance of the balcony.  We all turned at this voice. “Please forgive me for being a male chauvinistic pig.”

Raven gave him a hard glare placing her hands on her hip. “I’m going with Celina tomorrow.”

“As you should.” Jace readily agreed.

“You will be okay with that?” Raven wasn’t sure if he meant it.

“I am. Forgive me?”

Raven swung her gaze from Jace to us and we smiled.  She walked up to Jace and threw her arms around him. “I forgive you this time.” Jace encased her waist with his arms and spun her around before landing a kiss on her lips.

“Alright I think that is our cue to leave.” Sage stated grabbing my hand as we brushed passed the couple who didn’t take notice of us as they continued kissing.

We walked back downstairs, “Well I guess that worked out.” Sage sighed.

“Yes, it did. Sage, Colin is fine, he will be back.”  I hated to tell her that when I wasn’t sure for myself.  I wanted to give her some hope to hold on to.

“I know.  Some of girls are going to the lake; I think a dip in cold water will be refreshing.  You want to join us?”

“Sorry Sage, Celina will have to take a raincheck.”  Korin answered for me.  I arched my brow at his answer. “Celina, you forgot about our appointment.”

I gave him a confused look, “Appointment?”

“Remember the one we made before the meeting.” My face burned with slight embarrassment, when I remembered the alone time he wanted to share in our room.

“Oh, that appointment.  Sorry Sage.  I will see you in the morning.” Korin laughed at my expression and the excitement in my explanation.  Korin gave me a wink. Jerk!

Sage waved bye and Korin continue to laugh.  “It’s not funny.”

“Seeing your face turned bright red is, especially when you made it obvious what type of appointment I was referring to.”  I pushed at his chest and he pulled me into him whisper in my ear. “I know you want my body.”

“Don’t you mean that the other way around?” Two can play this game.  I licked my mark on his neck eliciting a deep rumble from Korin. I pushed him away and darted from him. 

“Get back here woman!”  Korin roared as he chased me upstairs as I weaved through people throwing out ‘excuse me’ as I went.  I had made it to the second floor before I felt my feet leave the ground as Korin picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. He smacked my butt. “Ow!” then I giggled and wiggled on Korin’s shoulder.

“I’m going to make you beg, for making me chase you.”

((A/N))

Don’t forget to vote/comment.

Also check out the first chapter of my new book SEERS.  Let me know what you think and if you want me to continue that story.

Nicci