Chapter 33

We had been hiding for about an hour waiting for the signal.  The darkness around us swallowed up our presence.  The thick forest was quiet as if the woodland creatures were aware of bigger predators and decided to hibernate and stay out of our path. 

No one talked, all eyes were glued to the area around us; those on the perimeter keeping a tab on any royals that may stumble on our forces.  Everyone had strict orders to only communicate through the mindlink.  With so many different packs I was the going to be central communication hub that leaders of the packs would report to.  I had been training for the last several days on how to decipher through the many voices that will be talking to me during the battle.  Trevor and Korin were next to me and as we waited for Jules, who was still inside the castle, to signal for us to enter.

Jules had finally got in touch with Trevor late last night giving us details about the number of royals within the castle walls and where they were located.  The king had dispatched out a hundred royals to the Halder’s territory.  I was the only one that could communicate with Jace at such a distance and so far they have not seen the royals.

Celina. Trevor called for me through the mindlink.  He jerked his head towards a flickering light by the castle wall.  This was it, the signal.  Stay close me.

I rolled my eyes at Trevor.  Of course.   

My group had fifty warriors and our mission was to get the gates open to let in our main force.  Raven and Sage were in charge of the main force that was made up of three hundred wolves from all over the country. We crept in a single file weaving in betweens the trees until we reach the edge of the forest.  There were three guards that were on the wall on this side of the castle scanning and pacing back and forth.

We watched as each royal sentry on the wall was taken down by Jules.  He waved his hands and we sprung from the trees dashing through the fields to the castle walls.  We all flatten ourselves against the wall until Trevor moved towards the open that Jules had made.  We all crawled through the gaping hole in the wall pa coming inside of the fortress of the castle.

Jules motion his arms for us to follow him and we ended up in a building next to the wall.  The room was littered with dead bodies of royals and we stepped over them crowding into the small room.  Everyone had made it in the last one shutting the door.

“Glad you all decided to arrive at the party.” Jules smirked “You missed all the fun.” He laughed motioning to the dead royals.

“So why did you bring us in here Jules?”

“This is the control room.  This is where they monitor all the cameras in and around the castle.  I thought you would like to see something before we open the doors.  We have about fifteen minutes before those sentries I took out will be missed.”

I joined Jules at the bank of tv’s that covered the wall.  He was pointing at a certain tv that showed the dungeon that were we held in not too long ago. “What about the dungeon?”

“Watch.”  Jules moved to the consol typing on the keyboard until the screen was split into several different screens.  The screens showed holding cells that held groups of people in each cell.

“Who are they?”

“Royals that the King didn’t kill in the purge when he took the kingdom from your mother.”

“I thought he killed everyone?”

“No, I was able to get down there and talked to them.  They’ve been down there between five and fifteen years.  Some have been there since the beginning, while others have been thrown in there throughout the years if the King thought they were not loyal to him.  Celina, they told me that there are still royals that fight with the king but have stayed only to survive.”