Chapter 19

I didn't look back, I pushed my legs as fast as I could go running towards the sewers and the hidden cave. All around me I could hear shots being fired and the clanging of metals along with the screams of men as the battle raged. I rushed around the last set of buildings that would lead me to the sewers when the flash of color caught my eye.  I glanced over my shoulder to see that my escape had not gone unnoticed.  Three guards was closing on me fast. I wasn't going to make it.

"Princess down!" Ahead of me I saw the warriors and one of the alphas that came with us charging me.  I didn't hesitate and dropped like a sack of potatoes, as they jumped over me transforming into their wolves.  I swiveled my head to watch them engaging the royals that were headed for me.  I scrambled back up to my feet and continue my mad dash to the caves. Scurrying over the retaining wall and weaving myself between some of the sewer pipes, I spotted the cave.

I dove into the blackened cave blindly groping for the cave's wall for guidance.  I rushed through the crevaces of the damp cavern scraping  my limbs along the way.  The darkness was unforgiving and I found myself in a few dead ends, as I tried to follow the walls that would lead me out on the other end.  I banged my forehead when I was surging forward when the ceiling of the cave dropped.  I remember this part of the twisted caves in which we had to crawl through the narrow opening.  It meant I was almost at the end.  Mud squished between my fingers as I made my way through the opening on all fours.  Once through tunnel, the cave opened into a big cavern and my eyes adjusted to streaks of light that pentrated from the ground above.  I used the beams of light to my advantage quickly spotting the opening across some massive boulders. It was the way out.

That's when I heard it.  The cave was blasted with sound of growling and I desperately looked around for a weapon or a hiding place.  I squeezed through two boulders closer to my escape when a wolf leaped into the open cavern from the tunnel.  I knew it wasn't friendly and I stilled my movements not taking my eyes off the black and grey wolf.  He bared his teeth and snarled at me taking a couple of steps toward me lowering himself ready to launch. I literally was in between a rock and a hard place.  If I move towards the exit, he would pounce on me and probably tear my throat out.  If I stayed between the boulders and crouch down, he would carve me up with his claws.  I closed my eyes and prayed to the moon goddess for guidance.

My decision made, I sprinted towards the opening that would lead out of the cave. The wolf behind me leaped onto the boulders that I had just left ready to attack.  I came to an abrupt stop when the exit was blocked by the appearance of another wolf. A silver wolf with molten silvery eyes. Korin! I didn't have time to bask in the joy of seeing that Korin was alive and standing only a few feet away.  He leaped from the opening  headed for his prey, the stripped wolf.  I moved to the side and turned to watch Korin's silver wolf attack. 

Korin went on the offensive lunging for the stripped wolf and taking a chunk out of his back.  The royal  didn't back down but went on attack himself swiping at Korin's face. Korin duck nipping at the front leg of the royal and he retaliate by clamping down on Korin's back.  Korin shook him off and the two clashed together standing on their hind legs.  Their front paws entangled around each one's one neck as they strained to tear at each other's throat.  After a few swipes, Korin made contact ripping out the throat of the royal.  The royal fell to the ground and Korin let out a howl of triumph.

Korin turned towards me and I stood and watch as he shifted back into his human form.  His naked body was covered in ugly, red scratches and his face was smeared with the blood of the royal.  I didn't care what state he was in, I was thankful he was alive.  Korin hopped down from the boulders and reached for me pulling me into his arms.  All I could do was let out a flood of tears.  Tears of joy.

"Shush, don't cry. Please don't cry, Celina."  Korin's voice soothed me and I wrapped my arms around his waist tightly pasting myself closer to him.  

"You're alive? I thought you were dead.  He said you were dead." The tears had stopped but I kept my face buried in his chest, so that I can hear the beating of his heart.  He was alive and here.

"Nothing can keep me away from you.  Don't you know that! You are mine!"  Korin gently pulled my face away from his chest locking our gazes.  I reached up to wipe the blood from around his mouth.

"Yes, I am yours!" I smiled.

"Celina! Celina!" Jules voices invaded the imitate moment between us. I reluctantly relaxed my hold on Korin and turn towards the opening that Korin appeared from earlier.  At the entrance stood Jules, Raven, Trevor, Keagan, and Colin. "See I told you I would bring them to you!" 

"Where are the others?" Trevor questioned. Trevor threw a pair of shorts at Korin which he quickly donned.

"They need your help.  They were fighting the guards to help me escape." I motion over my shoulders back towards the tunnel.

"We will go get them."  Trevor stopped in front me and I pulled him into a hug.

"I'm glad you are alive." He returned my hug and stepped back.

"Sorry you are stuck with me!" Trevor joked "Let's go. Korin?"

"I'm taking Celina back to the cars." Korin grabbed my hands and I didn't argue.  

Jules ripped a piece of his tshirt and handing it to Korin. "Hey man, you need to take of care that.  That shit is nasty."  Jules made a circular hand motion over his face to indicate that Korin need to wipe the blood off.  I laughed at the seriousness on Jules' face and at Korin snatching the torn fabric from Jule's hand.

We went our different ways and I followed Korin into the opening and through the rest of the cave.  I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but Korin stopped before we reached it. I almost rammed into his back not realizing he stopped.  He turned around to face me but it was hard to see his facial expression in the darkness.

"Korin, what's wrong? Why did you.."  I didn't finish my question before Korin's lips were on mine.  The kiss wasn't soft and gentle, but hard, desperate, and hungry.  The kiss took away my breath, and I opened my lips to suck in air.  Not only did air enter my mouth but so did Korin's tongue.  Korin devour me and I wanted to be devoured.  My arms crept up and around his neck, my fingers twisting in his soft curls sinking into his body.  His hands outlined my curves stopping at my waist pulling me closer to him.  The kiss was heated and I melted in the desire he was creating within me. 

"I love you." His voice was laced with desire as he whispered those words in my ear. Words that I will never get tired of hearing.

"Oh, Korin, I love you too." I leaned back in hopes that I could see his eyes in the darkness.  My eyes were adjusted again and I could make out a slight silver glow. A low deep throaty sound came from Korin that made my toes curl from the sheer passion it held.  His lips touch mine again this time it was slow and sensual. 

"You don't know how long I've waited to hear you say that. I wish we had time to ourselves to talk and do other things.  But now is not the time."  Korin groan taking a long whiff at my neck, his breathe causing tingles to rush down my spine.

"Soon, we will be alone soon.  I'm just happy to know that you are here with me, right now." I stood on my tippy toes to give a slow kiss on the lips.  "Come on, we have to go."

OOOOOOOOO    A/N

Finally they are back together! Don't forget to vote/comment!

Nicci