Chapter 9

Unleashed power surge through me unyielding and unforgiving. Power was an addictive feeling and can twist someone soul if they are careless. Power had driven my Uncle Kristoff mad. It twisted his soul that he killed his sister and all the royals that were loyal to her, so that he could yield this power over the people. I was perched high on a tree limb motionless scoping out the rogues that killed Blade's pack.  I sniffed the air catching all of the distinctive smells that came off each rogue. I could hear the screams of their victims in my head. I scanned over the rogue camp watching as a few of them were pawing through stolen electronics they pilfered from the Blade's pack.  Three young boys cowered by a tree, trying not to get notice by the older males.  They seemed no older than twelve, their bodies covered in blue bruises and scratches. The others sat around a fire strategizing their next move. The vicious rogue pack consisted of at least twenty men not counting the traumatized boys. This was another display of how power had twisted the souls of the rogues. They didn't care what it took to gain that power even murdering in its name to gain a higher position in the werewolf world. I will show them true power when it is used for the betterment of people. I will show no mercy to those who use power over others to intimidate and kill. First I will make an example out of these rogues and vindicate those who lost their lives in their quest for power! I tuned in back to the conversation of the rogues underneath me.

"What's next, Sean?"

"What da hell you asking him, he ain't the leader!" a sandy haired male yelled pushing a red headed male off a tree log.

"Fuck you Dan! " the red head popped back up tackling Dan and they threw punches as the tussled on the ground. The scuffle between the men were stopped when a brown haired man stood up. "Enough! Dan you have a plan?"

"No," he mumbled.

"Then sit yo ass down!" He looked over to Sean. "What about Zane's old pack?"

"Not an option, I barely got outta there breathing? The alpha down there, Vance is vicious plus the packs down there are unified. We need to change tactics, let's hit an isolated pack and take it over."

"I don't know I think we should keep doing what the king instructed us to do. Take down packs and keep moving." another rogue piped in.

"How do we know the King will give us what he promise? I say we go with Sean's plan and set up camp. I'm tired of sleeping in the woods. I wanna bed!" A couple of others murmured their agreement.

"Well if we do it, we will do it differently than Zane. He made a mistake by keeping most of the pack members and only killing those loyal to their alpha. I say we kill them all!" Sean instructed.

"Keep some women!" Men shouted in agreement.

I heard enough, I swung down from the tree and all eyes landed on me. I knew that I must looked like a wild jungle woman, my jeans were tattered and covered with dirt and dried blood. I had long ago chucked my T-shirt leaving me in an sports bra that had caked on dirt and blood. My expose chest and arms were covered in filth and my hair had fizzed out whipping in every direction like a madwoman. The moment of shock wore off and Sean came towards me.

"Well lookie here fellas at what we got.  It seems like you screamed about having women and one  pop outta the sky!" The men behind him gawked and yelled.

"You sure she is a woman?" the red hair yelled snickering with his buddies. Sean stepped closer picking up a strand of my hair and twirling it between his fingers.  He sneered at me as his eyes slowly traveled down my body.

"All woman here!" Sean confirmed as he moved his hand out to graze my breast. My hand shot out gripping around his throat and his eyes bulged out of his head.  All the pent up rage began to travel down to my fingers tips and Sean gagged as he clawed at my arm to loosen my hold.  I stood focused as I served out my first punishment.  Sean's skin started to sizzle and darken and in a matter of seconds his body had turn into ash.  Noise from the men erupted around me some of the rogues screamed while others were cussing. Slowly moving my head in their direction, some of the rogues stayed in their human form with horror stricken faces.  The others had shifted into their wolves growling and slowly advancing toward me.

"I am your Queen, you will answer for the lives you have taken away without just cause!"

"Who the hell do you think you are! We are sanctioned by the King of these lands!" Dan had moved to the forefront hiding the fear that I saw moments ago.

I slowly removed my sword from its sheath. "I am the law of this land! You will answer for your crimes against my people with your life!" I snarled. Rage fueled my movements and thought processes as I crouched waiting for their attack.

The three wolves leaped at me all a once, I moved so that the one directly in front of felt the sharp end of my sword as I jammed it up in his chest.  Falling backwards I kicked the one with my sword away from me just as the other two landed right beside me with their jaws open.  I grasp both of their necks turning them into ash.  I ran over to the dead wolf that was lying on his back with my sword protruding out of his chest and pulled it out.  I rushed towards the rogues who seemed frozen at the speed I took down three wolves.  More men shifted into their wolves while others grabbed their swords to engage me.  I clashed with two men dueling but their skills were no match for mine. Ducking one of the men who took a wide swing, I kicked the other in his stomach making him stumble into a wolf behind him. I pierced my sword into the shoulder of the male and he screamed out in agony.  I swept at his feet bringing him down to the ground.  I cartwheeled over him using my sword as leverage and furthering anchoring the male to the ground.  I landed in a crouch as two other wolves snapped at my head.  I raised my hands burning them instantly.  I did a back handed spring landing on a wolf who was directly behind me.  He fell on top of the male that was stilled fastened to the ground by my sword and the weight of the wolf caused another series of screams to rip through him.   I punched my hand into the wolf's back searching for my target, he howled in pain trying to buck me off. The other wolves tried to get close to us but couldn't with the erratic movements of the wolf I was riding. Once I felt his beating heart, I yanked it out of his body and he collapsed.  I jumped off of him and ran for the stash of weapons I spotted earlier by the boys. The wolves raced after me but I reached my goal before they could stop me. My hands settle around two long, jagged edge swords and the boys whimpered.

"I won't hurt you." I reassure them.  I turned to face the remaining wolves "Let's finish this!" 

******** A/N

Had a little crossover moment from one of my other books. Did you catch it? Don't forget to vote/comment