Chapter 28

I was free!  Free to dream. Free to hope.  Free to live. Free to move forward.  I was finally a wolf.  The stage in my evolution was complete.  No longer did I have to worry about being alone.  I have my true mate and now I have the power that is needed to take down my uncle.

My muscles were alive; I could feel the power surging through me with every step I took.  I leaped in the air feeling the wind ripple through my fur. My front paws barely touch the ground as I landed lifting them back into the air as my back paws skimmed the ground.  My four legs worked together alternately touching the ground and increasing my speed.  I felt like I was floating in the air.

Celina, slow down! I heard Korin through our mindlink. I didn’t want to slow down.  I wanted to push myself and see how fast and far I could go before even feeling out of breath. I peered over my shoulder and notice that Korin’s silver wolf was lagging behind but not by much.

I immediately changed direction jumping in the air and twisting my body, headed for Korin. Korin had slow to a trot and I rubbed my side into his. I wished we had more time for our wolves to bond, but knew that we had to return to the pack house.

We have to go back.

I know, I wish I had more time to learn what I can do in my wolf form.

I can tell you that you can haul ass.  It will be hard for anyone to keep up with you. Changing direction mid-air takes a lot of practice and still most can’t do it.

Sighing and wishing that our time in the woods could last a little longer, we both took off back to the others. I set the pace really fast and Korin was able to keep up.  He had changed too.  His wolf was now bigger and broader and quicker than he was before.

I slowed to a stop before we reach the outer walls to gain access back into the Halder’s pack fortress.

Are you ready? Korin looked at me his voice filled with concern as his body rubbed against me.

Yes.  When we step back through those gates, everything is going to change.  I turned away from him gazing ahead of us.

I know. You can do this.  No, we can do this! Korin placed his head under mine stroking me.  We nuzzled each other for a minute, our wolves sharing their last intimate moment together.

Korin mindlinked with the guard and we enter back into the Halder’s compound.  We looped our way through the trees before reaching the buildings.  There was no activity as we passed the first set of buildings, no sounds could be heard.  As we grew closer to the training fields voices filtered through my head, none were coherent just a jumble of sounds. I took a deep breath trying to make sense of the voices I was being bombarded with and had to stop.

I looked at Korin with panic in my eyes.  I knew he was trying to talk to me, but I couldn’t hear him.  There were too many voices.  I shook my head violently side to side.  Korin forced me to pay attention to him and started to lick me.  I felt his breath as he moved to lick my mark.  That seemed to help me focus on him. 

What’s wrong?

I don’t know.  My head is filled up with voices.  I can’t pick out any one voice they are garbled.

Celina, it’s your wolf.  Now that you are Queen, you can mindlink with everyone.  Trevor warned me this might happen.  You have to focus, you won’t be able to shut out the voices, but you can make them quiet. Trust your wolf.

Shutting my eyes I tried making the voices quiet.  My wolf understood what I was trying to do and we were able to lower the voices to a murmur.

Celina, can you hear me?

Yes.

I just mindlinked Trevor, I need you to focus and see if you can pick out his voice. 

I concentrated focusing on the sound of Trevor’s voice.  After a several seconds, I was able to hear him.

Celina, Celina can you hear me? How are you feeling?  Just concentrate on my voice.  As I listened, his voice grew louder rising above the garbled voices of the others.

Trevor! I was so happy to hear his voice.  This was going to take me some practice.

Are you ok?

Yes, where are you?

I’m at the training fields.

We will be there in minute.

I forged ahead and was shocked to see everyone on the field bowing in both human and wolf forms.  Korin and I stood side by side taking a quick glance at each other before returning our attention back in front of us.  My eyes roamed the hundreds of people that bowed at our feet giving us the respect as their future leaders.  My people trusted me to lead them to a better future, a future without the fear of being murdered in their beds.

Please everyone rise! We are all equals from here on out.  We all will be fighting side by side to regain what was taking from us.  Our freedom!  We will no longer lie down and watch our loved ones be slaughtered by the selfishness of the King.  No longer will we bow down and accept his carelessness for the well being of his people, all his people! Not just the royals but every pack and yes, rogue that live under his rule.  I will not stand idly by any longer; it is time to take back the kingdom.  Not for us today, but for our future generation! We will eradicate all those you oppose us and stand with the King.  We will rid these lands of the murderous rogues that follow the King’s orders to fulfill their own lust for power.  We will take in all those who cannot protect themselves against the King and his men and that extends to all packs and rogues who want to live a peaceful life. Rise up and join me as I take back our Kingdom! Our freedom!

The air was blasted with howls and hollering from humans and wolves as they expressed their commitment in joining the fight to take back the kingdom. I puffed out my chest and shut my eyes sending out the call to all the packs that pledge their loyalty to me over the years.  I let out a powerful roar and my speech was broadcast over the continent with the help from the powers of the moon goddess.

This was the final stage of war. Uncle we are coming for you!

((( A/N )))

Hey guys, sorry it took me so long to update.  I didn't realize its been a month! I promise not to have such a long hiatus.  Thanks for all those who support and reminded me to update!  I love it! It reminds to try to update quicker! 

Are you guys ready for a battle? Any guesses what Celina's powers are going to be?  Remember each queen has a unique gift.  I already have her powers, so I will let you know if you guessed right

Don't forget to vote/comment.