Four

"Mom is it okay if Kalani comes over? I kind of already asked her to, but I can te-" My mom walked into me room putting her finger up to her lips shushing me.

"Your okay to have Kalani over. Just be quiet because Aaron is sleeping. I finally got him to calm down.....Babe you look sad what's wrong?" I sighed and plopped down on my bed.

"It's not something your probably wanting to hear, but it's something I've kept in for four years..." She turned around and softly closed the door trying not to make much noise. Then she walked over to me and sat beside me on the bed.

"Tell mama." She gave me and innocent smile and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Your probably going to hate me. I've been way to nervous to tell you. If I had the guts you would already know..." I ran my fingers through my hair and pushed myself off the bed pacing back and forth in front of my mother.

"It can't be that bad can it? Just tell me, I promise not to get mad or upset."

"Mom I'm gay....There I said it."I felt the warm tears run down my cheeks and I dropped to my knee's covering my face.

"Y/N...I already knew....Come here." I looked up at her and rubbed my eyes. She was patting the spot beside her on my bed and I got up and sat beside her.

She pulled me into her embrace and I just sat there.

"How did you know?"

"Well....When you we're a lot younger. Probably the age of six maybe even seven, we were at the mall walking around and you kept staring at this little girl walking in front of us.... I told you multiple times that it's not polite to stare, but you didn't listen." She smiled and continued the story.

"There was this jungle gym sort of thing in the center of the mall between Forever 21 and Target, you had never asked to play in that thing until you saw that little girl walk into it with her mother.... Since you we're a simple child I didn't mind letting you have a little bit of fun. I watched you walk up to that little girl and start a conversation with her....The thing that really got me was that you were always so shy and still are, but you were the one to start to conversation. You girls played for awhile and I just watched you interact like girls do...But when I told you it was time to leave you started to wine and throw a tantrum. I eventually convinced you that we could get ice cream afterward if you were good. You told that little girl goodbye and kissed her lips.....Not her cheek.....That's how I figured maybe you would be a little different, but that's okay." I smiled and hugged her back this time, but she started talking again.

"At first I thought it was a one time thing and maybe it was a spurt in the moment, but it wasn't. As you got a little older, every time we would go out and do stuff you would always point out the pretty girls...Never the attractive boys. I'm happy that you told me Y/N."I gave her one last hug and then she stood up from my bed walking over to my door.

"Hey mom?" She turned back around.

"Yeah?"

"Do you mind telling the rest of the family? It was kind of hard telling you, but I can't tell them without crying again." She smiled and opened the door.

"Sure, I don't mind. And Kalani is probably almost here anyway. I know how you girls are. And if I don't see you again tonight I just want to tell you I love you."

"I love you to mama."

--------------------5 minutes later------------------
Knock*knock*knock

"Come in"

Kalani opened my door and gently shut it after walking into my bedroom.

"Hey assface. I brought movies and ice cream, what you wanna do first?" I smiled and got up from my bed pulling her into a tight hug.  

"Awe baby why are you crying?" I touched my face and felt the liquid, I didn't even realize I was crying.

"I'm not quite sure actually haha, I'm just really scared right now Kal and..and-" That's when I lost it and I bursted out into tears.

"Shhhh it's okay. I'm here, I'm here....Come on let's lay down." She picked me and placed me on the bed. It dipped down and I knew she was going to lay with me. Her arm draped over my side and she pulled me close.

"Tell me why your so sad. I can't help until you tell me." She had such an innocent voice and it was soothing me.

I turned around so that I was face to face with my best friend and nuzzled my face into her chest.

"We don't have to talk now....Get some rest." She kissed my temple and I let my breathing regulate and sleep take over me.