Seventeen

Lauren's POV

I saw Kalani and Maddie walking into the cafeteria this morning and I decided to have alittle talk with them.

They went and sat down at there normal table and I stood in front of them with my arms crossed.

"Oh hey Lauren. Where's Y/N?" I raised my eyes brows and threw my arms down, making them hit my sides.

"Really Kalani? Where's Y/N?" She looked at me as if she didn't know.

"I fucking called you at four AM asking if you still had Y/N's inhaler...Don't you remember that you were supposed to come over on Saturday night? Huh?" I was almost yelling at this point and she stood up grabbing her stuff.

"Come on let's go and talk somewhere where you can yell at me without making a scene." I nodded and followed her into the gym.

"Okay now yell."

"What the actual fuck K?! Your goddamn best friend was in need of a lot of comforting this weekend and you don't seem to care!" She raised her eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" I huffed and started to pace around in circles.

"Well first off when we got back to her house on Friday, there was no one home and almost all of the stuff was taken. Her mother and father ended up going to Pittsburg and leaving her here to live by herself. They put Aaron into an orphanage, but Kadence and Riley are going to get him back. Y/N's mom ended up telling her that she has had lupus for three years and her kidneys are failing. Her dad is getting remarried and doesn't want his soon to be wife to know about anything from his past. SHE HAD ANOTHER PANIC ATTACK THIS MORNING AND I WAS SO SCARED...." I placed my hand over my heart and I could feel the thumping.

I hadn't realized that I was crying until Kalani had come over and pressed my back up against the wall lowering me down to the ground.

"Shhhhh....Y/N needs you to be strong and I am so fucking sorry that I wasn't there..I'm a dumbass." I shook my head trying to mumble out some words, but I didn't succeed.

"I had dance on Friday night and went on a date with Garrett on Saturday. I totally forgot to come over afterwards and I didn't even realize the inhaler was such a big deal anymore...She hasn't used one in awhile." She lowered her head and I pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry for bursting out on you, but your her best friend and I thought you would have cared a little more. I didn't realize you were busy." We stopped hugging and I stood up throwing my back pack, back on.

"No no. Some of this is my fault. We promised to never get rid of the things that meant most to the other. We made a promise to save each others lives and I failed...Y/N still has my EpiPen in her dresser drawer."

"Listen...Maybe you can come over later. She misses you and I know she's not mad at you." She stood up and smiled.

"Yeah maybe I will. I don't think I'm busy." I nodded and we walked back to the cafeteria together.

Y/N's POV

"KK!" My heart was starting to thump really fast and my room seemed to keep getting smaller.

"KK!" After another second went buy I finally heard my sister run up the stairs.

"What's wrong?! Are you okay?!" She came and sat on the edge of my bed.

"I-I'm s-scared.." Her face softened and she layed down on the bed with me.

"Why are you scared love?" I snuggled into her side.