Six

"Kalani!! We have a little situation!" I yelled for my best friend and I saw her run down the stairs.

"Jesus Y/N I thought you were dying or something. What's the issue?" She was bending over trying to get her breathing back to normal from the running she just did.

"Well my mom got called into work, they had some type of emergency and since I'm the only one in town right now I get to watch this little stinker right here." I poked my brother in the belly and made him giggle.

"That's not that bad. Your really responsible for your age anyway."I smiled and placed Aaron on my other hip since my side was starting to cramp up.

"Yeah well if we don't leave now we're going to be late, and Aaron needs to be changed before we go." I walked up the stairs into Aaron's room, which was across from mine.

Once I entered I placed him down on his changing board and took off his pants. Then took off his diaper to see that he basically exploded.

"Ewwww Aaronnn!" I plugged my nose and held my mouth shut, while Aaron was just laying there giggling chewing on his fingers.

"Kalani! Can you come in here!" I heard a faint 'yeah' then I saw her enter the room.

"What do you ne- Ew really. I already change Cameron all the time. Why do I have to change Aaron too?" She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

"I never said to change him, I just need you to hand me the things. I'm covering him up so he won't pee all over me like the last time." She made and 'O' shape with her mouth and handed me the baby wipes and a new diaper.

"Don't forget I need the powder, he has been getting a little red lately." She smiled and gave me the powered.

After I was done changing him I put him into a cute little outfit and placed him into his carrier. Lucky this carrier connected to the car seat so we don't have to set a lot of stuff up.

"Hey can you go and put the connector for the car seat in the car?" Kalani grabbed it from the floor and walked out of the room.

I grabbed the diaper bag and the carrier, walking out of his room making sure I had everything.

I walked down the stairs slowly making sure to not drop anything. Kalani was already back inside by the time I was down stairs.

"By the way, I texted Mady and said that we were leaving in a few. Do you have everything?" I shook my head and placed the carrier and diaper bag on the ground in front of my best friend.

"I will hurry up and grab my stuff, just take him out there and make sure the seat is secure." She nodded and grabbed the stuff walking outside.

I ran upstairs to grab my backpack and phone.

You have 5 unread messages from Lauren.

I went into iMessage while I was walking downstairs.

Lauren: Y/N are you okay?
Sent at 9:34 am

Lauren: Kalani said that you were fine last night. I'm glad your okay.
Sent at 10:45 am

Lauren: Okay this makes me feel like I'm talking to myself. Please answer?
Sent at 10:56 am

Lauren: You know I don't like being left on read Johnson..
Sent at 11:38 am

Lauren: My shift starts in a half hour I'll text you later...I guess:(
Sent at 11:39 am

I feel so bad for ignoring her, but as I said. She would be better off without me.