Ch 1 - Unwanted Wedding

I looked at the girl in front of me dressed in the bridal dress, in the finest wedding gown I couldn't even dream of affording, her makeup was expertly done she looked like a beautiful Barbie doll. She was getting married to the most eligible bachelor and billionaire, any girl would consider herself lucky to be in her position. A ghost of smile on her face which didn't reach her eyes. Her eyes hold a story of its own, story of pain, of my pain, yes the girl was me. 

Being sad at my own wedding was not how envisioned my dream wedding day to be. I  thought I would be happy and nervous that I was going to take a big step in my life, excited about sharing my thoughts and dreams with my future husband, thinking about the romantic moments I was going to spend with him. 

But no those were all fantasies now I was doomed to live a miserable and sad life. This wedding was decided by my father so that he can gain monetary help from my would be husband and also getting rid of , his least favorite daughter, killing two birds with a stone. 

The only thing I have not figured out yet is how this wedding was beneficial for my future husband, a person unknown to me and when I asked my father or mother I didn't get any response only a order that I was to marry him. I was lost in my thoughts staring at myself in the mirror. My trance was broken when Mom barged in taking in my bridal form.

"Evelyn get ready fast. Your groom is waiting" she came running to me and smiled  seeing me dressed as she asked me to. It looked like she was excited and also anxious for my wedding and when I looked at her I could see a light glowing as if she really wanted me to go through this wedding. Though I knew she would not agree but still I pleaded with my eyes and unspoken words while holding her hand and for the final time I uttered the words that I wanted to say and implore for my freedom but she ignored and started giving finishing touches to my makeup.

"Mother... " I said and she snapped her attention at me and I continued "Please I... I don't want to marry him" I pleaded to her.

Her expression fell and she cupped my face and replied "You know Evelyn nothing can be done now. I know you might not know now but this is for your own good". 

With that again her attention shifted to grooming my appearance. I know she could feel my pain, and I know she was acting indifferent but for some reason, she wanted me to undergo this pain, the reason for which I was not able to comprehend.

I looked intently at her to still implore her for freedom but seems like she was determined for me to get married. As she was trying to fix my makeup and hair without even making eye contact and that made me have a sinking feeling in my heart sink. 

Once she was sure that my makeup and hair are in place and everything looks good like she wants, she said meeting my gaze "Evelyn I have not raised you to be a weakling. Come on compose yourself you have an appearance to make being the bride to be for a famous billionaire. I want you to make us proud. Sweetie I know you feel Mom is unfair to you but you will know in future, this is for your own good... to save.. you " She cried and last words were not audible

I looked at her frowning but when she didn't make any effort to repeat I looked at the ground not making any more attempts to convince her because I have done all I could and there was no way I could escape my destiny. The destiny that was decided by others, some of who were unknown to me and others who have known me since my childhood and I had no say in this.

 The destiny that was decided by others, some of who were unknown to me and others who have known me since my childhood and I had no say in this