Ch 27 - a New Ally

"Please tell me why you are angry with me. I don't remember anything that happened before Evelyn. I am sorry if I hurt you but Evelyn I love you. I love you so much that it hurts when you are angry" I said.

Evelyn looked shocked as if I had never said those words to her. I don't know how our relationship was but I am going to fix things. I promised to myself that this day will mark a new dawn in our lives

Richard's POV

I was happy to be out of the hospital and though I could have worked from home but I still took off so that I can use this time to direct all my attention on getting my wife to love me. Yes, I do know that I didn't remember her face I only had blurry images of a woman, the woman with whom I was on Cruise, the underwater dive, the ballroom parties and dance. And as soon as I heard Kendall calling her Evelyn I knew she was her. You know before that also they have tried to show me other girls telling me that they were Evelyn but as soon as my gaze drifted on her it could not shake and knew my heart recognized her immediately.

After I discharged from hospital I was taken to a mansion where I saw all the strange people who claimed to be my brother, Mother and best friend. I could not recall any of them. Day by day as they visited me I felt awkward and kind of annoyed so I called my Personal assistant to get me brochure of new homes but when he came and told me that I had already bought a Mansion 10miles away from the current home I was happy and immediately got myself shifted to that.

It was great now I and my wife were the only residents of the Mansion and thinking of her right next to me was a great feeling. She took care of me and fulfilled all my demands and all was going great but whenever I tried to touch her or even try to just take her hand in mine she would wriggle away or be very cold and her coldness was hurting me.

Like always she brought me milk before sleep and I asked her to lay down next to me like everyday and she reluctantly did that. But today I didn't feel like drinking the milk so in order to send her away and avoid drinking it I asked her to bring some water in the Jug lying on my nightstand which I made sure was empty. She went to fetch and  I spilt all the milk in the bathroom sink. Yes I had recovered but still I was using her helpful nature to bring us close. She came back and noticed my glass was empty and asked me to sleep so I pretend to do it. She laid next to me and I pulled her to me pretending to be asleep. Though she struggled initially but then she gave in. I felt myself dozing off but due to me being light sleeper I became conscious when I felt her slipping away from the bed and soon I saw she left the bedroom I waited for sometime for her to come back when I noticed from my bedroom window that a car left my mansion. I searched the entire mansion and realise it was her that left in the car.

I could not sleep knowing my wife left in the middle of the night and kept looking out of the window when again she came in sharp at 6:30AM like a thief in a hurry. I went in my bed and pretended to be asleep. She came running to my bedroom which I knew from her heavy breathe.

"Mam you came. I was afraid sir will wake up and you would be late and if he asks what would I answer" Maid asked her.

She smiled at her and said "No he will not know as he is under the influence of sleep drug".

I wondered why she would do that. 

"Mam is the drug harmful ?" Maid asked hesitatingly.

"No of course not . I don't want to harm him Martha. All I want is peace and for him to not get unnecessary shock" She replied in a calm tone.

"But you can stay here as well. Why drug him ?" Martha asked.

"Martha I can't you know we were about to divorce and I would never stay at a house where I am nor required" She said.