Ch 35 - Life truths!!

I looked shocked but she said "Everyone knows how much he loves you but you don't"

I nodded and left from there.

I ran to my room but all the while the curiosity to see his face was running in my mind. I don't know when I slept.

Richard's POV

After following Ivan for a while i got a call from my maid that Mama fell down from the stairs and is now in hospital. I waited for Ivan to get in but when he didn't make any attempt of that I drove away at full speed to the hospital where Mama was. I ran to the ward where she was kept and after reaching there I saw she was wrapped in white strips and her one leg was fractured. Only thought that came in my mind was how was I going to explain this to Evelyn when she's back. Will she hate me for not being there when Mama had accident or she will hate me for not taking care of her, for being incapable of keeping her safe while she was Missing?

I knelt down near her bed and held her hand in mine, it was not a gesture to care but to get strength in me so I could hold on myself and be the man I am required to be. Holding her hands reminded of time when Mamma showered me with love a, love that my mother is supposed to give me. She even blessed me to have a happy married life and don't know when tears rolled down my cheeks. I felt Mama making tiny movements and I found she was about to wake up now. When she saw me holding her hand she smiled at me and said "Richard, son... don't cry. I am alright, it's just I lost my balance"

"Mama how did this happened?" I asked worriedly.

She caressed my head and smiled saying "don't worry son I am alright. It's just a fracture"

"Mama how could you not take care of yourself? I was so worried about you. Don't you love me even a little ?" I asked her.

"Don't say that Richie, you have been taking care of me since my daughter went missing first time. And never say I don't love you, because I do son, lot more" she replied kissing my forehead.

After a silence she asked "Did you find anything about Evelyn?"

I shook my head and answered "Mama we... we got a clue but it ended as a dead-end"

"Don't worry son soon we will find something" she said encouraging me.

"Where is Ivan I don't see him?" she asked changing the topic

"Mama... Ivan.. Ivan was upset when we lost the clue that he started walking without telling anything. I followed him but he was stubborn to board the car and when I heard of your accident I could not stop so I left him there. But don't worry I will call him". I replied assuring her.

I called Ivan several times but he didn't lift my calls. I waited for him but no there was no news from his end. It was getting on my nerves that people around me were disappearing and I still had no clue of where Evelyn was. Mama who gave me love as son in a short span was in hospital and on top of it whenever she asks about Ivan I had to lie that he was on an important business meeting.

Frustratingly I called his number to leave a voicemail after 3 days when when he lifted my call I told him about Mama and he said he will come soon but not now. I don't know why, I felt as if he's hiding something.

I called my PI and asked him about Ivan's location and after a week I found my instincts were right Ivan has traveled to the isolated area of the state and so I too followed him after ensuring Mama was being taken care of. When I reached the location I found it was a Mansion and security was tight and Ivan and his men were discussing about how to take over the Mansion. He glared at me when I reached near him.