Ch 22- Games of Heart-- Jealousy & Rage

"Richard please don't go you are still recovering" I yelled but he already moved out of his room.

There I understood that my husband was blind in the fake love of his mother. If he loves his mother this much would he believe me when I will tell him about his brother's misbehavior with me.

Evelyn's POV

Both Richard and Mrs. Evans discharged two days ago. Though Richard was still recovering he had resumed his work from home. I made sure to follow doctor instruction about his diet. We have been doing our duties but we were not communicating as we did in Borabora.

I felt his mother's fake accident put a dent in our growing friendship but when it came to his health I didn't compromise. Steven had been using every opportunity to talk to me or get me alone with him but I had raised my guard high and ensured I was not alone with him.

Even though I and Richard were not talking like before but I still stayed in his study where he did his work while I was completing my online course.  I was thinking of going to university which Richard denied and said he will get me home tutored and I can finish some of the coursed online.

We heard a knock at the door and loyd entered "Sir, Mam's Father has arrived".

I got up from my place to go when Richard stopped me "Evelyn wait for me". He held my hand and together we went. I expected Mom would be with him but when I didn't see her my hopes crushed.

"Good Afternoon Sir how was your journey?" I asked.

"It was great, princess and how's married life treating you?" He asked way too friendly which shocked me because Dad never talked this friendly with me. Maybe me being wife to a rich man has something to do with it.

"We are doing great" Richard answered though smiling but I felt his tone was stern. Immediately the happy expression on Dad's face changed.

"Mr. Franoik I think we should talk in my study and Evelyn could you see to it that refreshment is sent to my study and no one disturbs us" Richard said.

I nodded and asked Loyd to sent the refreshment, I came back to my room. I was waiting for Dad and Richard to come out of study so we can have lunch. I know I didn't have a very good relationship with my Dad but seeing him talk with happiness on his face today gave me hope that we can work on our relationship.

When it was time for lunch and I didn't see them coming out. I knocked and heard Richard's voice saying "Enter".

"Richard it's time for lunch". I looked around and found Dad was nowhere to be found.

"Fine let's go" he said.

"Richard where's Dad?" I asked.

"Oh !! I forgot to tell you he left within 30 minutes of his arrival" he said nonchalantly.

"Richard, are you hiding something?" I asked but he shook his head and dragged me to the dining hall where Steven and Mrs. Evans were already presented.

It has been awkward eating with both of them while knowing they had bad intentions towards Richard and most frustrating of all was Richard's willful ignorance towards it.

While all were eating in silence Richard's phone and he answered it and then he finished his food and immediately turned to me and said "Evelyn I have to go to a meeting. It's urgent".

"No Richard you are not going anywhere. If this meeting is so critical then call whoever that is here. Till you are cleared by the doctor that you are back to health I will not allow you to go anywhere" I said and took his cell from his hand and called his secretary Rina.