Ch 29 -- Kidnapped

I thought we agreed on not having any secrets. He had already told me all the information about my parents. But he never shared that he knew my adopted parents. He never told me that my adopted mother was his mother's best friend and I was never aware that I was betrothed to him. I thought we just met in Borabora and became friends. Now it is making sense his possessiveness, him taking care of me as he knew me before. I didn't recognize when I reached my room and was startled when I was grabbed and pushed near the wall.

Evelyn's POV

A masked figure stood in front of me and when I tried to wriggle out of the grasp, a rug was shoved on my nose. I tried not to breathe in but soon I had no choice and darkness was all I saw last.

---Time skip----

When I woke up and saw a white ceiling over my head. I got up suddenly to find out why I was in a strange place. I looked for the door to escape only to find that the door was locked from outside. Seeing that escape from the front door was not possible I moved to the windows only to find it locked but the glass on the windows gave me an idea that I must use something to break it. Looking around I found that there was a side chair next to the bed. I lifted the chair and threw it on the glass only to have it come back to me rather than breaking it.

I ducked down and saw that the chair crashed with the wall behind me. The sound of the crash must have alerted my kidnapper, thinking that I went near the front door with the lamp in my hand to catch him off guard. To my luck no one arrived till 5 minutes, I realized that no one was coming and having nothing better to do. 

I started observing the room and found that it was a beautiful room. Someone had put in efforts to achieve the perfection that stood in front of my eyes. The decor of the room was nicely done to give a comfy look. The warm grey color walls complemented the whites on the ceiling giving it a soothing and gender-neutral scheme. The white furniture around the room setting the neutral tone and the oversized purple and white mattress added the warm touch to the decor, in all, some spent time decorating this room to give it a homely cozy warm look. I was surprised why I was here in this room as last I remembered I was in Richards's new mansion, then someone pulling me inside a room and then someone chloroformed me and now I was here. This was all didn't sit well me. If someone kidnapped me then why keep me here not tie me up. How could someone breach our security and enter our mansion without the help of an insider?

 How could someone breach our security and enter our mansion without the help of an insider?

Even though there were millions of questions rolling in my end. I have to try and escape and later I can spend time-solving the mystery.  Looking around and finding no way I looked at the door which was opposite to the main door and assuming it as a bathroom I opened it to look for an escape point from there. Seeing no escape from the bathroom I looked around to find that the person really had the sense to have it done in a most simple yet elegant way.

 Seeing no escape from the bathroom I looked around to find that the person really had the sense to have it done in a most simple yet elegant way

I came out of the bathroom to wait for the person to make an appearance as I had nothing else to do. I didn't know whether I was ready to face the person or not, but the various questions that were swirling in my mind as to why I was taken and by who. I was in these thoughts when my stomach growled. I found there was a jug of water and drank it. As I was about to keep the glass on the table, the door opened and I turned to see who the person is. I could not utter any words after seeing the person.

"You?? sir what am I doing here? you kidnapped me" I asked 

"Darling you are where you belong and yes I kidnapped you because I cannot bear to be away from you anymore," He said and strode towards me

I was confused at his behavior when suddenly he pulled me to him and said "Now you will call me Danny and no sir".

I was mute until he made an attempt to kiss me. I pushed him but he held me in his grip "What are you doing sir?"

He pinched my cheeks and said "Didn't I tell you to call me Dan"

I nodded in fear and then said "Dan please leave me"

"And why would I do that my Pearl" He said nuzzling his nose in my neck.

I started hyperventilating and he let go of me and said "Pearl calm down".

I was calm after some time and looked at him in fear. I didn't know why he was behaving like this with me. Uptil now he hated me and suddenly he was behaving like I am his lover.

As if he had read my questions he took my hand and said "You want to know why you are here and why I am calling you Pearl".

I nodded and he said "Let me tell you a story then".