Ch 28 - A Distant Cousin

"I too want the same Mom but seems like I have made some bigger mistakes that I don't remember but I do want to be with her till my last breath" I said looking towards the door where Evelyn went.

"You have my blessings Son" She said smiling.

"Will you help me in knowing her habits, likes and dislikes. I want to win her" I asked holding her hands and she nodded excitedly.

I realized I was not alone now I have someone to turn to know my wife's likes and the one who can help me win her back.

Evelyn's POV

It was getting more and more difficult to stay with Richards, given that he was making every effort to make me happy. It was very difficult each time to keep my face blank for his every effort. The last four months were more like torture. First time I was surprised by the garden which was full of lavender my favorite flower. I thought it was just a coincidence but later on he called his office staff and planned for a picnic.

I didn't take it seriously but when he insisted I attend that I had little choice. I went there and saw his staff came with family and there were separate places allocated for the family and so I was made to sit next to him.

I was wondering on the thoughts when I realized my phone was ringing continuously. I lifted the call and immediately the caller said "Thank God you lifted my call Cara. I was worried about you. You haven't come back home nor do you lift my calls".

I let him talk and when he didn't hear anything from my end he stopped. 

"I know Ivan you are worried but knowing you have your men around who have been giving you updates makes me feel less concerned" I said smiling.

"You know even though I hear updates from them. I wanted to hear everything from your voice" He said.

I told him about all that happened till now. He took deep breath and said "Let me take care of that Cara. Don't Worry".

I was confused as to what was in his mind, but let the thoughts be and wondered what will be Richards new plan. It was giving me headache that he didn't do any of these things when we got married and now that we are at the verge of divorce he's putting the efforts to save our broken marriage.

Day passed and nothing new happened, I was reading a fiction book when a maid informed me that someone came to meet me. When I entered the hall I saw a man with his back facing me and was talking with Richards.

"See she's here" Richards said smiling at me.

I smiled at him but when the man turned to me I could not believe Ivan was standing in front of me.

"You... here.. how?" I was shocked and fumbled with my words.

"Well dear cousin, how could you not tell your favorite cousin that you are married and have even shifted to new house" He said.

I looked at him and then at Richards who was smiling as if he didn't realised that it was Ivan who was standing next to him.

"So Evelyn how did you not tell me that you have a distant cousin who is a famous businessman" Richards asked me while walking towards me. 

I was frozen for a minute when Richards kept his hand behind my back and I found Ivan clenching his jaw but covered it when Richards made eye contact with him.

Richard's POV

I saw Evelyn was surprised and then suddenly Ivan strode towards her and took her in his arms. Though it was sibling hug but It was weird because it seemed like Ivan held her longer than necessary and the monster of jealousy rose in my heart.