My Brothers Bestfriend 9

I want to tell Caleb, I really do. But I know what will happen if I do that. He will tell Jacob and they will think they'll be able to sort it out themselves.

They aren't superheroes. They could get hurt; Mathew isn't weak, and he has friends. Furthermore, they aren't above the law no matter what they seem to think. If I were to tell the police about the photos, how would I prove it? How can the police help me if I have no evidence that Mathew has done what he has? But Mathew no doubt has Caleb's DNA on him somewhere, he could get Caleb in a lot of legal trouble.

So I can't tell the police, and I can't tell Jacob or Caleb. I consider ringing Stefanie, but I know as soon as she knows what's happened she'll come home, and the last thing I want to do is ruin her first holiday with her parents in years.

So I'll do what Matt wants, just for now. I need to somehow get my hands on those photos. The last thing I want to do is date Mathew, but I can at least tell Caleb I don't want anything to do with him. In the end, I'll find a way to fix it up with him. When I've dealt with Mathew, I'll explain and apologise to Caleb. I hope he will forgive me.

I need to get my hands on those photos. Delete the photos and he has nothing over me whatsoever. If I can get rid of them, then there's no issue. I can tell Caleb I'm sorry and beg him to give me another chance. No photos and having Caleb is all that matters.

Nobody seems to even notice me as I make my way to the cafeteria. I quickly grab some sandwiches and a bottle of orange juice before turning to face the crowded tables. I spot Caleb immediately, sitting amongst his group and looking extremely agitated. He nods as Jacob speaks to him but his eyes search the room, his concentration diverted.

Taking a deep breath, I straighten up and stare at him until he notices me. He stands immediately, his eyes wide probably from my appearance. I turn, release a shaky breath and head for the outside area, knowing he will follow me.

I avoid Matthews eye as I pass my old table, ignore a few greetings from friends and make my way outside. I sit beneath one of the free trees and it shades me from the sun. Caleb kneels in front of me as soon as I've sat down.

"Where have you been?" He snaps. "And what the hell has happened to your face?"

"I've been thinking," My whisper is rushed, awkward and throaty. Already tears threaten to fall, but I swallow my throat and take a deep breath. "About us,"

"Kasey what happened to your face?" He asks loudly. "Who did that?"

"Nobody," I say quickly. "I walked into the bathroom door,"

"No you didn't," He scoffs loudly. He reaches out and caresses the right side of my fave gently. I pull away and he growls. "Tell me!"

"Caleb I don't think we should do this anymore," I say quickly, closing my eyes. "I shouldn't have kissed you. I should have never let it happen,"

"What?" He asks quietly, momentarily distracted from my face. "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean I don't like you Caleb!" I snap. My stomach lurches and I think I'm going to be sick, but I ignore it. "I don't want to continue doing whatever we've been doing!"

"Are you serious?" He laughs, his bright eyes narrowing into my own. "Are you actually being for real right now or are you having me on?"

"I'm serious," I mutter, looking away from his eyes.

"Is this because of the Stacey thing?" He snaps. "I pushed her away! Don't be so immature, Kasey! You know I don't care for her,"

I'm hurt that he thinks I'd end us over something like that. No matter how much it hurt to see her push him into a situation like that, I would never end whatever we're doing because of it. I shake my head, a small laugh escaping me. But I don't find any of this funny.

"That's not why, Caleb. It's because I don't like you. Not like that, anyway." I lie straight through my teeth. I shiver despite the lack of cold and sigh. "I've changed my mind,"

"You've changed your mind?" He seethes. He stands from his kneeling position and runs his hands through his hair. He laughs but I know he doesn't find anything humorous either. "Wow. I finally fall for somebody and it has to be my best friends immature little fucking sister,"

I feel my heart break a thousand times over when he stares at me with disgust and regret. I force my eyes away and from his and shakily stand. "I'm really sorry. I still want to be friends,"

"That's not happening," He forces a laugh as he shakes his head. "No fucking chance,"

I stare at him, my face blank but now wet with my tears. He's hurt and he's lashing out on me because of it. I take a step towards him but he takes two steps backwards. "Caleb..."

"We're throwing a party tonight," He snaps before turning away from me. "Watch out for yourself,"