My Brothers Bestfriend 33

I feel nothing, I'm completely numb as I stare at my computer screen in shock.

How can any human being do something like this? How could somebody hurt someone else, embarrass them so much, to the point where they couldn't even show their face in public? Let alone school.

School!

My heart beats hard and fast and suddenly I can feel again, and my whole stomach is flipping and turning and I'm sweating.

What will people say? I'll never be looked at the same way again!

My mouth falls open as I try to process what the fuck has actually happened. The full extent of it slams into me like a metaphorical truck, and tears pool in my eyes.

Caleb's POV

I stare at the computer screen in disgust, and complete shock, not understanding how Matthew didn't get the message from his beating this morning. Does he actually have a fucking death wish?

Anger pulsates through my blood and I slam my fist down in a delayed reaction of rage. Beneath my strong hand, Kasey's laptop is crushed, but I don't feel a second of regret as I jump out of her bed and snatch up my jocks.

I'm going to find this mother fucker and slit his throat.

Different and conflicting thoughts rush through my head a mile a minute.

Do I tell Jake? Or do I report the image from Kasey's account quickly and pray he doesn't see it beforehand?

Do I get Matthew alone or do I let Jacob offer his helping hands?

Do I have time to comfort Kasey?

Where the fuck is Jake?

I glance at my shaking girlfriend; her eyes are closed but her tears are falling steadily. I bite my lip and decide I need to comfort her before I find Matthew.

"Kasey," I begin as I throw on my pants. I step towards her but fall short when the front door bangs open downstairs.

He knows.

I quickly throw the blanket over Kasey's naked bottom half as Jacob's footsteps sound heavily on the staircase.

"Kasey we're going to find him," I say loudly to her, not sure she can even hear me over her anxious breathing.

Her bedroom door slams open and Jacob steps in looking murderous. I cringe on the inside as I recognise briefly that I have no shirt on, because it's on Kasey.

He'll know now, there's no avoiding it.

Stefanie is quick to rush over to my girlfriend and I watch her as she pulls Kasey into a tight embrace. Kasey sobs and clutches on to her best friend as though her life depends on it, burying her head into Stef's shoulder.

Jacob's POV

We're in Kasey's room within seconds and the scene before me surprisingly does not shock me whatsoever.

Kasey's sitting in her bed, her lower half covered thank God, but her upper body swimming in Caleb's missing shirt. I glance at him briefly to see that he's haphazardly dressed in his pants, his chest bare.

I look up at his face; his eyes are faraway as his expression flickers from one of worry, to one of anger.

But I know his worry isn't because of my presence;his worry is for my sister.

I look at the floor to see Kasey's smashed laptop laying there, broken beyond repair, and I know instantly that Caleb is the reason why.

I don't blame him.

Instead I try hard to ignore the fact that my best mate has undoubtedly just done the dirty with my little sister, which is the only thing that is playing over and over in my head right now, and catch his gaze.

We're going, I try to convey to him with my facial expression. Right fucking now.

Caleb is quick to go for the set of draws beside my sisters bed and I wait impatiently as he grabs out another of his shirts.

His clothes are already being kept in her fucking room?

I grind my teeth but try hard to reign in my annoyance at Caleb. The last thing I need is for my anger at Matthew to seep through and clash with my frustration at Caleb.

I will not fight with Caleb because of that fucking little shit.

He throws the shirt on and goes to step towards Kasey before deciding against it. He glances at me quickly before staring longingly at my sister, but in the time it takes me to blink, Caleb's back has turned and he's leaving the room.

I follow him without another glance at the girls. He takes the stairs three at a time and I follow his lead, through the front door and out to my car.

But then somebody snatches my hand up, and it only takes me a split second to recognise Stefanie's soft, small hand. She tugs on my hand and my footsteps automatically cease, and I turn to face her.

She stares at me with pleading eyes, asking me, maybe begging me to go easy.

I pull her against my body quickly and a small squeak of surprise leaves her lips. I glance down at them and close my eyes tightly, trying to remain focused on my anger at Matthew.

Stefanie has the uncanny ability to calm me down instantly.

But I don't want to be calm. I want to keep wanting to fucking destroy somebody.

To destroy Matthew.

"Where does he live?" I finally speak, but it comes out in a short, angry breath. Her eyes widen slightly before she screws them shut tightly. I use my free hand to brush my knuckles against the flesh of her cheek, and it's warm and soft and nearly enough to distract me.

But not quite enough.

"Stefanie," I mutter, my voice slightly less angry. "Please,"

"I think I remember it being the corner house on the left in Garden Ave.," She whispers slowly, her eyes opening to stare into my own. "A few blocks down from the park,"

I nod my head firmly, drop her hand and turn away from her.

"Jacob, please!" She says quickly, trying to grab my hand again. "Please-"

I turn back around and stride back towards her; grabbing her face with both hands, I smash my lips down against hers.

The kiss is rough and quick; it's full of angst and worry and raw passion.

And in this split second, I do not give a fuck about Caleb seeing us, and I don't give a shit if Kasey's watching from her window; all I care about is Stefanie.

And how she is slowly but surely making me fall for her.

So fucking hard.