My Brothers Bestfriend 13

I glance at the clock for what could possibly be the hundredth time. Ten o'clock. Only ten! The party is in full swing; the music is reverberating around my bedroom walls and people are chanting 'chug'.

With my maths homework completed and checked, the remaining pages of my English novel read, and my bedroom and bathroom spring-cleaned, I'm left laying here bored out of my brain.

I decide to call Stefanie, but after it rings a few times, she blocks my call. Two seconds later a text message comes through.

'Out with holiday house neighbours for dinner. What's up?'

I sigh and text her back about what's happening and how I've basically been confined to my bedroom. We text back and forth and bitch out both Caleb and Jacob, and surprisingly, it lifts my spirits greatly.

'I'm thirsty!' I text her finally, not being able to ignore the itching of my throat. Or the way my stomach suddenly grumbles. 'And hungry' I add.

'Dude it's your house, go and get something to satisfy your fat tummy' Her next text message reads and I giggle at her teasing. It's only been a few days but man do I hate being apart from my best friend.

'I don't want to bump into him' I simply reply.

'Who? Because I feel like you're not talking about Jacob'

'I'm not' I reply quickly before I lose my confidence to admit that I'm too scared to face Caleb. 'But Jacob too' I add.

'Like I said it's your house babe. And you don't want him to think you're too scared to leave your room.' Her common sense is intact, as always.

'I am scared though' I admit again.

'Pussy! Just go and eat something because if I get back and you've faded away from hunger I'll be pissed'

I laugh again and decide she's right. I shouldn't be afraid to go downstairs when it is my house, and the odds of me bumping into Caleb amongst the whole of the student body are quilt slim.

I jump out of bed and decide to stay in my pyjama shorts, but I throw a long sleeved top on over my revealing singlet.

As soon as I exit my bedroom I regret it. Beyond my four walls, the music is so much louder, and now I'm actually subjected to seeing the hormonal teenagers littering my hallway with their mouths sloppy against one another and their hands down each others' pants.

I push past boys with lustful stares and girls with short ass skirts to get to the staircase. Why are people upstairs anyway? I'm going to have to find Jacob and tell him that people are up here as soon as I've fed my growling stomach.

I make it to the kitchen without getting in the way of smooching couples and quickly head to the fridge. I pull out the jug of cold water and grab a glass. Suddenly Tyler McGregor who I share the same sports block with appears. Tyler is easy on the eyes with his light brown hair and matching eyes. When he sees me he grins. "Hey Kasey,"

"Hi, Tyler," I smile politely. "Are you enjoying the party?"

"Yeah it's great, like always," He chuckles. "Where have you been all night?"

I shrug and grab the jug. "Upstairs. I'm not in the mood to party tonight," I chuckle.

"Here," He says as he grabs the jug. I watch as he pours it into a foam cup instead of the glass. "A glass is dangerous to walk around with at a party like this," He points out, smiling and passing me the water.

"Good point," I blush and accept the cup from him.

He chuckles lightly, running his hand through his hair. I quickly neck back the cup of water and it goes down the wrong hole, making me cough and splutter for a moment. The liquid burns my throat and nose and it takes me a minute to recover.

Tyler smirks slightly, shaking his head. "Do you want to dance, babe?"

I'm confused by his term of endearment and I feel a serious headache coming on. I mean to shake my head no but my movements feel unnatural. Tyler takes ahold of my hand and tugs me in the direction of the dancing crowd.

"Stop," I manage to say, but my voice isn't loud enough. The room is too crowded and the music is too loud and my hand is clammy in his.

"Come on, Kasey," Tyler says as we stop moving and he's front is to my back. "Just one dance,"

I try to move away from him but his arms are circled around me and I feel trapped. And then suddenly I make eye contact with Caleb who's standing against the wall on the other side of the room. Stacy stands beside him, her hand running up and down his chest and suddenly I feel like I need to be sick.

"Don't get mad, babe, get even," Tyler's voice is too loud and his words are too jumbled. His hands grip my hips and he guides my movements against him. This isn't right. This isn't what I want. He isn't who I want. "Come on,"

I'm aware of Caleb's sudden glare and rigid demeanour, I swear I can feel his anger pulsating across the room to me. He is all I can think about. I want Caleb, not Tyler.

"Tyler," I manage to choke out. My voice sounds weird and my lips are numb. I manage to turn around to look at the brown haired boy. "Bathroom,"

"Come on," Tyler says as he grabs my hand again. I let him pull me away from the crowd and back out into the main hallway. "Where is it?"

I point to a door that I know isn't the bathroom, and when I try to move my arm I physically can't do it. Tyler pulls me towards the door and we find ourselves in the laundry.

"I'm so hard for you right now," He whispers, his voice full of lust. He pushes me against the washing machine and trails his hand up my stomach.

"No," I manage to speak firmly. My head is foggy but I know I don't want Tyler in any kind of way. We are just friends. I am seeing Caleb. I was seeing Caleb. I love Caleb.

"Kasey don't be a tease," He grunts as he thrusts his groin against my lower body. "Feel what your body does to me,"

"Tyler no," I repeat, trying but failing to shake my head. My mind clears for a moment as I remember letting this boy I barley know pour me a drink of water. I feel my heart sink and my stomach do backflips. I'm going to be sick, my head is hammering and my mouth is too dry. Water, I need water. My eyes begin to spot black dots and I try to take in deep breaths. I'm going to die. I try to lick my lips to give myself enough moisture to talk. "Something in my drink?"

He stiffens against me slightly before forcing a small laugh. "What's a party without some pills?"

The door is slammed open and I feel my throat tightening as I struggle to breathe.

"You drugged her?" Someone is yelling and I swear my head is going to split into two. I feel myself begin to hyperventilate before finally, everything goes dark.