My Brothers Bestfriend 61

(A MONTH LATER!)

------JOSHS P.O.V!------

I was helping a frantic Stef set up for the baby shower outside, and as she ordered me to set the tables up, she had Caleb stringing out streamers and Dayna sticking up balloons. I'd no idea where Kasey was. Stef was bringing plastic chairs out and once I was finished she got me to lay out all of the food. It wasn't before long that Caleb was helping me, and just as he was organizing the cake, Jake came up and pulled me away from all the chaos.

"Dude, what's up?" I asked him and he only nodded his head and said "Nufin," I furrowed my eyebrows as I let him drag me through the house and out the front. "Nothing? Really? Because you're dragging me to god knows where..." I trailed off as we came to a stop at the back of his car. He rolled his eyes as he said, "I need your help." I nodded my head and as he popped open his boot my mouth fell open.

There was about twenty three different things spread out in his boot, all wrapped in congratulations. Presents? They were mostly small, but there were about four big ones. "What are these?" I asked him suddenly and he laughed. "Um, they're my presents for the baby." He shrugged his shoulders and I laughed, rolling my eyes. "Did I go overboard?" He asked me as he loaded his arms up. I laughed as I done the same and told him, "Yep!" "Good!" He told me as we walked with as much as we could to his room. Suddenly I realized something...

"Um. Jake? You were at the hospital, right?" I asked him skeptically. "Uh, yeah? Why?" He asked me back and I laughed. "Then you know that the baby is a boy right..." He didn't answer and so I continued. "Yes, well... This wrapping paper is pink?" I asked him curiously and he nodded as we grabbed the rest of the presents from his boot. He locked up before saying, "I know." I shook my head like a dog and sighed. Sometimes I worry about this kid.

------CALEBS P.O.V!------

Kasey looked stunning in a long light blue dress. It reached her ancles and matched her white slip on shoes, and I couldn't believe how beautiful she looked, just in a casual dress! I was wearing a dress up top and casual pants, and in a sense we sort of matched, considering my top was also blue, though a few shades lighter. Kasey's belly was getting bigger and bigger, and it was now so obvious she was pregnant at five months. I walked over to her once we had finished setting up and gave her belly a kiss, before standing up straight again and kissing her passionately.

People started arriving about half an hour later. First to come was Kane, Paul and Justin, some mates of mine and Jakes. They played footy with us and were pretty decent blokes. Next was Kelly, Paige and Grant. They were casual friends of Kaseys, and she confided in me that they were her and Stef's wagging buddies. Paige and Grant were, I had just been informed, indeed going out. Next to arrive was Nate and Sarah, they were siblings, and friends of both mine and Kaseys. Then a few other friends of both of ours came, Lincoln, Kayla, Tyrelle, Logan, Sam, Danielle and Yasmine. Then once the friends had been shown through the house and out the back, they piled up their gifts in a corner... I don't think I've ever seen so much blue wrapping paper in my life!

Finally family started arriving, and as my parents showed up half an hour later with Marcus, who all wanted to give us time to settle the friends in, so did all of Kaseys cousins. Tahlia, thirteen years old, Jessica, fifteen years old, and John, eighteen years old, showed up with Kaseys aunt and uncle. My cousins weren't invited - I never spoke to them, ever, and so other then my inner circle family, the only other family from my side invited was my 'uncle' Tyson. He wasn't really my uncle, we're just so close to him that that's what we call him.

So everyone was finally here, and as Jake catered we all sat about and introduced ourselves, we were left to talk about anything and everything. The adults strung up conversation about how fast time passes by as all the teenagers laughed about old memories from school. Considering most people here were seniors this year, this meant they were finished like Josh, Jake and I. Throughout the next thirty minutes of chatting and eating, people were stringing up private conversations with Kasey after saying their personal congratulations.

Finally Stef announced forty five minutes after the games that it was time for opening the presents. So everyone gathered around Kasey and I and watched as we went through the presents one by one together. There were clothes, bibs, dummies, bottles, a high chair, a pram and many different types of toys. After many smiles, thank yous and hugs, finally Jake had come out with a truck load of pink wrapped presents... But he didn't stop there. He went back inside and Josh followed, both coming back out with their hands full like Jakes had been before. I'm pretty sure everyones mouths fell wide open in shock; even mine and Kaseys!

"J-Jake, dude?" I asked uncertainly as Jake plonked himself onto a chair right in front of Kasey and I. "Uh... What are these?" I asked him when he only raised his eyebrows at me. "Uh, they're presents. Come on, hurry up and open them already!" I was sure my mouth was still wide open as I looked at a confuesed and shocked Kasey, back to Jake, then the presents and Jake again... What?

------KASEYS P.O.V!------

"Come on, hurry up and open them already!" I stared shocked at him, and said in confusion, "But... Why so many? And their... PINK?" Jake shrugged his shoulders and said, "I know it's a girl, and after all those presents that are fit for boys, your gonna have nothing pink or girly... So I brought all of it." He shrugged his shoulders and motioned with his hands to hurry up. Finally my confusion and shock was gone, and as everyone else laughed, I rolled my eyes. "You're seriously an idiot! You SAW the ultrasound! You know it's a boy!" This time Jake rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say, just open the presents!" And with that, Caleb and I begun opening the useless, all-pink presents.

First there were clothes, and lots of them; singlets, jumpsuits, socks and mittons, and then came the small summer dresses, the little pants and the cute t-shirts - one saying, "When mummy says no, daddy says yes!" and another saying, "I love my uncle Jake, he's the best!" This one was obviously personally made, and it was gorgeous! But I still rolled my eyes as eveyone laughed again.

Next came the other little things; there were tiny little pink shoes, pink bottles and dummies, bibs and even a small giggie with a bear on it. Soon after followed a heck of a lot of toys; learning blocks, picture and story books, pool toys, bath toys, all sorts of toys! It seemed like he had brought the whole shop! And I was even more suprised when we unwrapped the bigger presents, finding a baby swing, a high chair, a car seat, even a little girls crib! I felt tears threatening to fall from the brim of my eyes as we read Jakes card -

"Dear my beautiful sister Kasey and the horrible, annoying, xbox cheating bestfriend of mine, Caleb.

Congratulations on your baby boy - cough, girl, cough -

I hope he - she - brings you joy and is as beautiful as his - her - mother.

Love from Jake!'

I stood up as the tears fell from my eyes and enveloped him into a huge hug. "You know, this still doesn't change the fact that the baby's a boy?" Caleb asked as he joined our hug and the crowd of guests all, 'Awee!'d. "Whatever you think, but she's a girl!" He told us, determined. "I hope you kept the recipets, you stubborn boy!" I chocked out through my tears of hapiness, and everyone laughed, including Jake and I.