My Brothers Bestfriend 69

Caleb's P.O.V

"Kasey Bishop!" I yell at the receptionist, who looks terrified. I try unsuccessfully to calm my breathing down a little before I exclaim, "I need to know where she is!"

The receptionist nods her head hesitantly before typing on her computer. I look beside me at an agitated Jacob. His eyes are hard, worried, and his breathing is heavy too. Beside him Stefanie, looking so terrified that it's likely she will buckle at any moment. She's crying silently, and I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit that I feel like tears will soon escape my own eyes, too.

"She's down in one of the emergency birthing sweets. You just go straight down this corridor, and either take the elevator or stairs up to the third floor. Then head to section B and you'll find her in room ten."

I run off before she's finished her last sentence. "Thank you." I hear Stefanie saying.

As soon as I get to the elevator I slam my whole hand down on the button. I wait as patiently as possible, but after a minute passes I move for the stairs. "I'll meet you there," I yell back at my friends before taking three steps at a time. I guess being on the football team helps a lot.

I make my way through the crowded hallways and finally find section B. "Ten, ten. Ten... Ten," I mutter hopelessly as I search for room number ten. I groan in frustration and hit the wall beside me as I realise I've entered the wrong way, and the numbers are starting at thirty.

"Excuse me?" I hear a males voice ask, and I turn to find a tall, too skinny man looking at me.

"Yes?" I ask him impatiently.

"I couldn't help but hear you say ten. Could that be room ten?"

My eyes narrow. Is this man about to give me the bad news that I've been praying wouldn't come? "Yes."

"Very well," He nods. "I'm going there now. We'll go together."

I let him lead the way. Suddenly he asks, "What's your name?"

"Caleb James." I tell him.

"Do you mind me asking what relationship you have with my patient?"

"I'm her fiancé."

We come to a stop outside a room that's remotely distant from the others. "Very well. You're her fiancé, and so you'll be allowed in the birthing sweet while she's having your child."

"Wait, so she's okay?" My heartbeat increases with adrenaline, and then relief falls over me as he nods again.

"Your fiancé was so very lucky that the vehicle which hit her car was only a taxi, and not a truck... And that it was head on and not side on. Especially sitting in the back." He begins. "But what really helped her survive, as well as your child, was the young boy in the car. If he hadn't jumped in front of her and protected her stomach the way he did, there's a chance that neither of them would have survived." He explains.

I take a minute to process his information and as I do we're joined by Jacob and Stefanie.

"What?"

A look of confusion crosses his face. "The young man? Didn't you know he was in the car? Hang on a second, I have his name right here," He pulls out his folder. "Hm... Ah, here it is. Matthew Travis."

"What?" Jacob, Stefanie and I all questioned simultaneously, our voices high.

Before the doctor can do much more than raise an eyebrow, the door to the birthing sweet opens.

"Oh! I was just coming to collect you, Doctor." A nurse in blue shrubs says, obviously shocked that he's already here. "The patient is awake now, and her contraptions are closer than before."

She announces and I almost push the doctor out the way to get into the room.

Kasey's P.O.V

I let out another small scream as the pain hits me again. A small commotion sounds from outside my room before the door is pushed open. My eyes widen and I take in the appearance Caleb.

"Cay," I whisper through clenched teeth and everybody in the doorway turns to look at me. Caleb walks over to the bed and immediately smashes his lips against mine. He pulls away after a second and whispers, "I'm so sorry, Kasey. So, so sorry I wasn't there. I love yo-"

"I'm sorry, but you can't all be in here during the birth!" The doctor interrupts him and Caleb's face turns angry.

"No! No, they're fine," I say quickly. "That's my brother and my best friend!"

The doctor bites his lip before he finally allows the two of them access.

I'm suddenly swarmed into a million hugs and kisses and 'Sorry's, but a blood curdling scream from me interrupts everybody. And then I let out another scream, the pain hitting me harder than ever. I've been given a small dosage of medicine already, but the doctors and nurses refuse to give me anything more to get rid of my pain.

"Kasey," The doctor says, adjusting his gloves and coming to stand beside me. "I need you to give me hard pushes; It's time."