My Brothers Bestfriend 21

Kasey's P.O.V

As Stefanie and Jacob disappear upstairs and out of sight, I begin to seriously regret agreeing to tell my brother.

Jacob has always relied on his fists rather than his mind. It's not to say he's intellectually incompetent, because he's actually quite smart; it's just that he thinks everything can and should be dealt with physically.

And I'm worried that I've just subjected Stefanie to dealing with his anger all by herself. I know Jacob would never hit a girl, let alone my best friend, but that doesn't mean he's immune to lashing out verbally; he's very nearly uncontrollable when he's fired up.

I begin to hyperventilate as my thoughts overlap with my nerves and I can't take it anymore. Tears begin to fall down my face and I'm incapable of stopping them. My breaths become shorter and my stomach is cramping painfully, and I know I'm beginning to have a panic attack.

And then I feel Caleb's warm arms circle around my waist, his hands resting comfortingly on my back. My laboured breathing begins to even out but he still stares down at me with worry etched across his face.

"Kasey," He whispers gently. His hand moves to my face and he tenderly wipes the wetness away. "It's okay, baby,"

I nod my head mutely, clutching at his waist and his chest and his shoulders as a sudden need to feel his physical presence overwhelms me.

He doesn't say anything as he begins to lead us into the living room. He sits down on the couch and tugs me down to sit beside him.

"Kasey, please," I know he wants me to explain what's going on, and he stares at me questioningly. But I can't find my voice to explain. He caresses my face gently and I lean into his hold. "What's happening?"

"Stef," I take a deep breath to try and control myself. "She convinced me the right thing to do is to tell Jacob,"

He furrows his eyebrows and pulls me onto his lap, clutching me tightly. "Then why is she with him?"

"Because I asked her to tell him," I admit guiltily. "But now I regret it," I sob, burying my face into his sweet cologne smelling chest. "Because I'm scared that when he loses it, she's going to be the one he takes it out on,"

"I don't think so," He finally says, his tone slightly bitter. He kisses the top of my forehead and his hands begin to rub up and down my back, making me shiver. "I think she will handle this perfectly well,"

I pull my head away from his chest to stare at him. With my tears finally subsided, I'm able to focus on him properly; he's slightly unshaven, with his hair messily attractive, as though he just go out of bed. His eyes look tired, but they're bright and wide as he watches me.

"I've become so attached to you," I admit in a whisper. I trail my finger down his cheek slowly, touching his lips. "I don't know how I ever kept away from you,"

"Me too," His lips curl up into a small smile and he kisses my finger tenderly. "I don't want to ever lose you,"

"Me too," I repeat his words, managing to grin slightly. A sudden wave of need washes over me and I squirm uncomfortably. I bite my lip and his eyes darken. "I want to kiss you so badly,"

"Me too," He groans and I giggle. He takes my head between his hands and pulls my face down closer to his. "That's a beautiful sound, Kasey,"

I feel my cheeks heating up and I suddenly attack him with my lips. He's still for a moment, not expecting my move. And then he's kissing me back, his mouth challenging mine for dominance in the most liberating kiss I've ever experienced.

I move my arms to rest my hands on his neck, rubbing my fingers through his hair. He grips my waist tightly, pulling me further onto his lap and I move my hands beneath his shirt. He moans into my mouth as I begin massaging his muscles. When his hands slip under my own top, goosebumps erupt on my arms.

And then his mouth is gone as he suddenly pulls away from me. I stare at him in confusion, not knowing what I've done wrong.

"Caleb?" I mutter questioningly.

"Um," He stutters slightly and my eyes widen when I realise his cheeks are pink. He scratches his chin awkwardly and looks up at the ceiling. "I think we need to stop,"

"Why?" I ask, my eyes narrowing.

"Because," He says, exasperated. He grips my hips and pulls me down as he thrusts himself up. I feel his hard member meet my lower area and I gasp, feeling myself become wetter. He groans, his eyes rolling in the back of his head. "Because soon I won't stop,"

"Okay," I say breathlessly, but purposely rub myself against him again.

"Stop," He says forcefully, taking my head between his hands. He's frowning slightly, his eyes still bright with lust. "No more,"

I pout slightly, then get lost in my thoughts; who would have ever thought that I'd be able to make Caleb hard? I bask in my newfound ability, smirking at him.

"What?" He laughs slightly, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear. "What has you over the moon?"

"I turned you on," I say triumphantly, grinning. "Me. I turned you on,"

He releases a belly laugh and I stare at him wide-eyed. When he manages to calm himself down he smirks at me, shaking his head. "You don't get it, do you?"

"Get what?" I ask self-consciously, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Seeing and basically living with you for my whole life has had an effect on me," He mutters, staring at my lips. "And these last few years have been torture: I've been up one minute, down the next, needing you but unable to build the courage, hot, cold, full of hope and enthusiasm, with momentary sadnesses that have had the potential to wipe me out, and forever horny,"

I stare at him, completely speechless. How can he say something like that and expect me to be able to respond? My cheeks flaming red and my eyes tearing, I lean forward and peck his lips softly before pulling back slightly.

"Not anymore," I whisper, and his blue eyes stare into mine with so much intensity that I consider looking away. Instead I press my nose against his. "We're together now,"

"Holy shit," Someone says and I snap my head up so quickly that my neck cracks. I stare at one of the boys who was in the kitchen, vaguely recognising him from the football team. He smirks down at us. "I did not expect this,"

"Expect what?" The other guy trails in, shoving Doritos into his mouth. And then I realise I know him, his name is Josh. He plays with my brother and Caleb too. He's cool. His eyes widen when he sees Caleb and I. "Holy crap, dude,"

Before Caleb or I can say anything we all pause as we hear footsteps stomping down the stairs. Caleb moves quickly, lifting me off of him effortlessly and placing me beside him. I'm grateful that he doesn't drop his firm grip on my hands, instead placing our entwined limbs on top of my lap.

He glares at the two boys and they nod their head solemnly, and I wonder just how many people Caleb can so quickly influence.

I ignore my wayward thoughts, but thank the Lord that Jacob at least hasn't murdered Stefanie. I bite my lip, staring at Caleb as we wait for my brother to descend the stairs.