My Brothers Bestfriend 43

Kasey's POV

I laugh at Jacob's grumbling as he continues to drag me behind him. We overhead Caleb asking Stefanie about her night with Jacob, and my brother is not impressed.

"Jacob," I say through my laughter as I tug his hand to try and stop him from walking so quickly. "Why are you so pressed? He was just making conversation,"

We're passing through the main school building now, heading towards the outside courtyards.

"'Making conversation'?" Jacob scoffs. "That's not a topic for light conversation, Kasey," Jacob shakes his head. "She seemed embarrassed and my business is none of his business,"

I roll my eyes at the back of his head. "You like to blow things out of proportion," I accuse him. "Stef is a big girl, if it really bothered her she would have told him to get lost,"

"Well let's talk about your sex life then," He suggests as he turns to throw a glare back at me. "How is sex with my best friend?"

My cheeks immediately burn red from his words and I close my eyes tightly. This is uncomfortable.

"Do you two have sex often?" He continues as we pass some of our peers who are smoking something that smells like a joint.

"Oh, ew Jacob seriously," I physically cringe. "It's different because we are related. Caleb and Stefanie aren't," I point out.

"Yeah well I just wanted to try and make you understand how embarrassed Stefanie probably was from that encounter," He mutters as he suddenly stops walking. He drops my hand as he turns to look at me, his eyes narrowed. "I definitely don't ever want to actually know the answers to any of those questions,"

"And I never want to give the answers," I squeak as my blush comes back. "Need to know basis,"

My eyes move to focus behind Jacob, where a small group of boys are laughing and shoving one another as they make their way towards us. Music can be heard coming from one of their devices, and I think I vaguely recognise them as boys from Jacob's year level.

"Do you know those boys?" I whisper to Jake, who hasn't seen them because he's still facing me.

"What?" His eyebrows furrow before he turns around quickly. Almost immediately I sense his body stiffen, and instinctively I step closer towards him, resting my hand on his shoulder. "Where's Caleb?" He whispers to me quietly.

I glance behind me and see that Caleb and Stefanie are trailing along far back.

"Not quite here," I tell Jacob.

"Let's go the other way," Jacob suggests as he grabs ahold of my hand again and starts pulling me in the other direction.

"Kasey!" One of the boys calls out to me.

I glance behind me to look back at them but Jacob doesn't stop walking.

"Kasey!" The boy calls again. "I'm talking to you,"

I hear Jacob groan and come to a stop. Some other kids around us have started throwing glances our way.

Jacob and I turn around to face the group as they make their way up to us. I know that Jacob probably didn't want any interaction or altercation with Caleb so far from us.

"Moey," Jake nods his head in acknowledgment at the boy who has been calling out to me.

The other two boys that are with Moey move their stare from me to Jacob, as though before Jacob said something, they hadn't noticed his presence.

"Jacob," Moey grins at my brother. "Care to share?"

"What the fuck, Moe," Jake grunts as he steps toward him. I tug my brother's hand to try and make him step away from the boys but he doesn't budge.

The three boys shuffle closer to Jacob and I feel my stomach drop. I instinctively take a step backwards as Jacob moves in front of me. Forever my protector.

I have a really bad feeling about this situation and I wish Caleb and Stefanie hadn't fallen so far behind.

"What?" Moey raises his eyebrow. "You can't share?"

I can't see Jacob's face but I imagine it's one of disgust.

"She must be good if you're unwilling to share," The boy continues to taunt him and his words make me sick.

"She's my sister," Jacob snaps at him, his voice laced with anger.

"Oh," Moey laughs loudly. "Well then give her to me and I can determine for myself how good she is,"

The boy turns his eyes on me and they snake down my body slowly, his eyes lingering on my chest.

Before I have time to process what's happening, react or even try to form any type of response, Jacob has moved forward swiftly and decked the boy straight in the face.

"Jacob!" I scream out of shock, my body freezing as the scene escalates in front of me.

It all happens so quickly. Moey is bleeding and as one of the friends crouches down to help him, the other moves forward and swings at my brother.

Jacob is too quick though, and he shoves me further behind him as he moves to avoid the blow. Without hesitating, Jacob swings back and hits the boy in the side of the head. He turns to check on me and as our eyes lock, I realise he's made a big mistake.

Moey lands a punch in the back of Jacob's head, and Jacob groans as he stumbles forward a couple of steps.

"Jake!" I cry out as I move toward him. Before I can reach him I'm pulled backwards. I know immediately it's Caleb, and I struggle against his grasp. "Let me go!"

"Kasey calm down," Caleb grunts as he struggles to stop me from pulling away from him.

"You coward!" I scream at Moey as I finally get out of Caleb's grasp.

Jacob is moving quick as Moey and his friend both try to land a hit. So far they are unsuccessful, and Jacob is landing more than he's receiving.

The friend Jacob initially hit appears to regain consciousness and suddenly stands, his face full of anger as he prepares to join the fight. Caleb moves from behind me and I watch in horror as now both he and Jacob fight Moey and his two friends.

"Stef?" I call her name without moving my eyes off the fighting men. Suddenly her hand is in mine and she's squeezing it tightly. "Stef we have to break them up,"

Jacob is unable to avoid a blow from one of the boys and groans as his head is thrown backwards from the impact of it. Moey laughs at Jake and hits him again before he's able to recover from the first punch.

"We have to stay out of it," Stef mutters from beside me and I glance at her for the first time. Her eyes are trained on the boys, her face calculating as she assesses the scene.

"Stop!" Caleb suddenly shouts, bringing my attention back to the boys. "Stop now while you can,"

My eyes flicker to Jake and the other two boys, who all stop fighting for a split second. And then my eyes catch a glimpse of silver, and horror washes over me as I realise Moey has pulled a knife out of his pocket.

"Jake!" I scream out, trying to warn him. "Jake he has a knife!"

In that moment, several things happen. Caleb and the boy he is fighting swivel around to see what's happening, Stef's hand leaves mine, the school bell sounds, and I feel all of the air leave my lungs as I struggle to breathe.

Little black dots line my vision and I try to fight the familiar feeling. I'm having a panic attack, and I'm struggling to fight it.

"Stef!" I hear Caleb shout. "Stef no!"

I try to focus on what's happening in front of me but the black dots are clouding my vision now and I don't think I can pull myself out of it. I gasp for air, but it feels as though there is no air. I finally succumb and my eyes flutter closed.