3

Shaileigh

"Morning Shai," my mom greeted me as I walked into the kitchen. It was Monday. After the weekend that changed my life forever.

"Hey mom," I quickly grabbed a pear & headed for the door.

"Aren't you gonna stay for breakfast?" she asked.

"Nah. I gotta get to school to collect my rotary forms first thing this morning," I lied.

"Okay well honey, I hope you have a good day & if anything is wrong, please tell me," she looked at me with eyes of sweetness.

My mom was sweet. I just knew that whenever I fuck up big time she gets pissed. Telling her I'm pregnant would send her over the edge.

"Yeah thanks. Bye mom," I walked out the house before she could return the salutation.

I began my walk to school, my mind as busy as an intersection during lunch. My heart was beating faster than ever. I knew I had to tell him. Tell him what he did to me. I knew he was an asshole but maybe he might apologise? & maybe help me raise this bundle of joy together? I was clueless.

I arrived at school with about ten minutes to spare before first home room. I opened my locker to get the books I needed until I felt a figure behind me.

"Hey," they greeted & I could hear it was Lauryn.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing. Listen, were you serious about what you said last night?" she asked & I nodded my head, holding the bottom of my locker & looking down at my feet.

"Holy crap," she murmured, "did he?"

"It has to be him. I mean I didn't sleep with anybody else on Saturday & I thought it actually broke during it but he said no baby I promise it's not. Let's just keep doing what we're doing. That bastard," I rolled my hand into a fist.

"I'm so sorry Shai. We'll get through this I promise. But you know what this means right? You have to tell him," she urged me.

"But Lar," I tried to speak but words couldn't even comprehend.

"But nothing. Today. After school you gotta tell him. I mean it's his kid," she demanded.

"Lar I'm scared," my voice trembled.

"Don't be Shaileigh. It's okay," she rubbed my shoulders & hugged me to save me from crying.

"I'll see you later okay," I let go & shut my locker.

"Tell me what he says," she smiled at me & left me alone.

God this was gonna be a long day.