8

Shaileigh

''What's up," Lauryn greeted me as she sat down at the table with her lunch. I was staring at my salad. I didn't even feel like eating, I was so sick.

"Shaileigh," I heard Lauryn's voice again.

"Yeah hey," I threw myself back into reality.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Morning sickness," I wheezed & gripped my stomach slightly.

"I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do?" she sulked.

"Can we go to Crispi's later? I definitely need their deep dish pizza pie," I sighed & that's when my sigh turned into a groan. I saw Hayes walk into the cafeteria with practically a pack of girls behind him.

"Speak of the devil," I said under my breath as he walked past our table.

"How's it going with you two?" she asked as she saw me cursing.

I couldn't keep up the charade, I guess I had to tell Lauryn.

"He's denying paternity of the child," I sighed.

"That dick," she growled. There was a silence until she spoke again, "I have a plan."

"Oh no not one of your schemes again Lar," I groaned.

"No this will totally work," she ducked down, out of his view, "what I'm gonna do is go up & start flirting with him because you know."

& I did. Hayes had been wanting to get with Lauryn for the longest time. But Lauryn isn't the one you can just win over. You need to work for her.

"So I'll touch him & get all up close & personal. From there I'll get some of his hair while stroking it & just leave him like that," she smirked & looked at him from a distance.

"Oh smooth," I chuckled, "go get 'em tiger."

She stood up & walked towards him. I watched them from a distance. Hayes smiling like an idiot while Lauryn chatted him up.

Something sort of burned inside of me but I knew it meant nothing. Lauryn wouldn't do that to me. She's my best friend.

I saw her run her fingers through his hair & drag her face closer to his, until their foreheads were touching & she was whispering something that made Hayes go crazy. She then lifted her hand behind his head & saw she had what she needed. She leaned in, about to kiss him but whispered something & with that she made her quick getaway.

Damn Lauryn was too good.