19

Lauryn

I came home quite late because of basketball practice. It was 5:30pm & the sun was going down. My mom's car pulled into the driveway just as I opened the front door.

"Mom," I greeted her as she came out of the car.

"Lar. How are you honey?" she asked with a smile.

"I'm good. So tired. Today's practice was good. Coach didn't yell at me as much," I smiled.

"That's great honey. Let's go inside & check on Shaileigh," she said & we walked in.

"Shai. We're home!" I called out.

There was no answer.

"Shaileigh honey," my mom called but still no answer. We decided to do a search around the house & when we came back to the lounge, my mom came with a letter.

"I found this in the kitchen," she said soundly. We put it on the table & read it.

Lauryn & Pam

Thank you for letting me stay in your home in my time of need but I'm afraid it was time for my departure today.

Pam, I'm pregnant. Lauryn was going to tell you but I told her not to because I didn't want to worry her. My mom kicked me out of the house because of this. Please do not confront her on this as this was my fault. Entirely.

I have gone somewhere. In search of a job & a home. Please do not worry about me as I will be fine. I have a plan.

Pam thank you for your hospitality & being my second mother. I will appreciate this endlessly.

Lauryn. Thank you for being my everything & the best friend a girl could ask for. I will always remember you.

- Shaileigh.