9

Shaileigh

"How's the deep dish pizza pie?" Lauryn asked as I was practically stuffing my face.

"Oh my gosh so good," I said in between bites.

"I think we've found your pregnancy food," she giggled & took a sip of her drink.

"Hmm," I said while chewing then I swallowed, "did you get the hair?"

"Yep right here," she reached into her pocket & grabbed a tissue with strands of hair in it.

"Great. So what do we do now?" I asked.

"We have to go to a clinic to get it tested," she explained, "there's one not too far from this mall let's go," she suggested & we left the restaurant.

The whole ride there my heart was racing intensely. I was really scared for the future. Would he believe it if I actually showed him the paper? I hope so.

We got to the clinic & walked into to the reception. Luckily since it wasn't busy we could go through even though we didn't book an appointment. We walked into the office & saw the old man waiting for us.

"Hello ladies. My name is doctor Jules. What can I do for you two?" he asked as he adjusted his glasses.

"Um," I began to speak, "I need a paternity test."

"Do you have a sample from the father?" he asked as he looked at me.

"Yes," Lauryn said & gave him the tissue.

"Alright. I'll have the results in two weeks. Until then I'll have my assistant contact you. Please can you just fill out your details on the paper on the desk. After that I'll need a urine sample so that I can link it to the baby," he directed & I do what I told him.

"Thank you Doctor Jules," Lauryn smiled as she stood next to me.

"It's alright," he nodded. I finished & gave him the form. I then took the cup & went to the bathroom to do what I needed to do. God it was so weird. I walked out & set the cup on the counter.

"Thank you for your time," I nodded. He nodded with me & we left.

Two weeks of hell.