Chapter Twenty One

Vote ~ Comment ~ Enjoy!

"Do you not think that you are reacting a little over the top?" Hunter says softly.

"Grab your belongings," Orion orders ignoring his words.

"Excuse me? Why would I do that?" Hunter frowns, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Boy, grab your belongings!" Orion repeats, his voice increasing in volume.

Hunter counts to ten but his temper soon shoots up to compete with his brother's. "Call me that again," Hunter warns lowly. Orion slowly turns and allows his gaze to fall on Hunter. His eyes slowly flick up and down Hunter with disgust before he marches into Hunter's room himself. Hunter does not even reach five before he follows his brother in. His eyebrows lift up as he sees his brother stuffing all of his clothes into a bag. "What do you think you are doing?" Hunter asks; his jaw ticks as he speaks. He snatches the bag from Orion but his brother does not release his grip so it hangs between them.

"Did they tell you or did you find it out yourself?" Orion quietly asks. His quiet voice threatens danger much more than it would if he had spoken louder. Hunter straightens his shoulders and stands tall, he will not show regret over any of his actions.

"She told me." Hunter keeps his voice calm. One of them needs to be. "They never let it interfere with their assignments."

Orion shoves the bag into Hunter's chest. It takes Hunter by surprise and air escapes his chest with the force while he lets out a grunt. He takes a step back to recover. "How would you know?" Orion hisses.

"Zandar has been making sure of that. You ever thought they were scared of revealing it because of how you are acting now?" Hunter pushes back. Orion, being prepared, stands his ground.

"There are rules for a reason," Orion snaps. "Stay out of it, Hunter. This does not concern you unless you make it concern you. Now get the rest of your belongings."

"Why?"

"Why? You are seriously asking why? You really think that I am going to let you stay in his house now? You are coming home with me." Orion shakes his head, irritated that he has to explain something so simple to his brother.

Hunter rolls his eyes and throws his bag back onto the bed. "No." Orion rolls his shoulders, teeth pressed tightly together, jaw tense. The colour in his eyes is quickly replaced by a thick darkness. Hunter steps forward, meeting his brother eye to eye. "Ross told you to get out of his house. He did not say the same to me. Until he kicks me out I am not going anywhere."

Standing as close together as they are, both take note of the stubborn tilt of the chin, the black swallowed eyes and the unflinching determination in every line of the face. "I am telling you to come home. You have no issue with our mother now; I do not see the problem."

"That does not mean I feel comfortable sharing a house with her!" Hunter argues. "Regardless, Ross offered me this room and I am staying here. You should go home and get some sleep. Maybe you will think more clearly come morning and not push away the few loyal friends you have."

"So you have picked a side then?" Orion grinds out.

"There are no sides here. I am sleeping here but you are still my brother." Hunter placates.

Orion scoffs and pushes past Hunter, his shoulder solidly connecting with Hunter's. Because of all the training Hunter had previously done it sends pain through his tired muscles down his arm and into his chest. Orion however is already out the door by the time it shows on the younger's face. The front door slams moments later and Hunter hears footsteps coming down the stairs. He goes to his door and looks over at Ross.