Chapter Twenty Five

Vote ~ Comment ~ Enjoy!

The evening comes round quickly, the time of the ball arriving much quicker than they could believe. The last few accessories of gloves and earrings are hurriedly placed in position by Lady Arabella's ladies and they step back to admire their handiwork. Beatrice beams at Arabella's reflection in the mirror. Mary even looks impressed, her stern expression slightly softened. Alice however is a little too awestruck by the luxurious fabric and beautiful design of her own dress to appreciate Arabella's.

"You look simply divine!" Beatrice exclaims. And indeed she does. The pale yellow of her dress brightens her complexion and makes her liquid chocolate eyes shine bright. It hugs her waist and spans down to the floor, small diamonds dotting the fabric making it shimmer in the light. Tiny intricate designs in lace cover the bodice of the dress and then span up over bare skin to lightly cover the skin on her shoulders and down to her hands. Her hair is weaved with tiny yellow flowers that glow in her shiny black hair. Her jewellery is minimalistic. A fine silver necklace rests around her throat and small round diamonds glimmer on her ears. She looks every ounce the people's princess.

Arabella smiles warmly and glances at those she is quickly coming to think of as friends rather than just companions. Mary does not look much different than she usually does. However she has put in some effort for the evening and left behind the dreary grey dresses for one night. Her light green dress is still simple but it speaks of elegance and a correct young lady. Her hair is a little less severe than usual and she has acquiesced to Beatrice placing a few small pink flowers into her hair. It lightens her dark blonde hair a little.

Beatrice however seems to have forgotten that less can be more. Her dress is a little lower along the neckline than some would choose. But she stands with such confidence and surety, that no one would notice or comment on it. A deep maroon shade sits snugly against her pale porcelain skin. Fine gold detailing casts beautiful patterns all across the bodice then trails down sections of her skirt. She wears delicate black gloves with several rings giving her the appearance of a rich Lady. A gold necklace hangs around her neck and matching earrings hand from her ears. Gold painted leaves are weaved through her locks wrapped artfully around her head.

"You two look beautiful." Arabella states honestly. Beatrice grins and places a hand on her hip and poses.

"Well some of us still need to find husbands." Beatrice says. Mary rolls her eyes and gently moves a flower in Arabella's hair to make it perfect. "I wonder if I can catch a dance or two with those handsome guards of ours, perhaps even a kiss before I look for the man I will marry." She giggles until Alice glances up, one eyebrow raised in amusement but appearing more unimpressed. "Erm..."

Alice then laughs. "Well you will certainly catch many an eye tonight. Who knows what could happen?" She grimaces a little but it has put Beatrice at ease who so easily forgot that Alice was their little sister.

Arabella rises and holds her hands out to Alice. She stands and places her hands in Arabella's. The slightly elder one out of the two of them studies the younger. Madam Abraham has done exquisite work. The light powdery blue of the dress compliments Alice's eyes perfectly, her eyes appearing larger and bluer than the sky on a warm summer's day. It shows off her figure but still keeps her young innocence in mind with its modest design. The dark blue detailing is unique in its swirling pattern and draws most attention to her tiny waist where it weaves around in tight formation. The only other detailing is down the long sleeves down the outside.

Forget-me-nots are placed within the braids curled atop her head. A few loose ringlets hang down to frame her clear face. Arabella squeezes her hands, "I fear your brother will have a heart attack when he sees how amazing you look." Alice grins mischievously in response.