Chapter 2

Today was too long to even think about. Too much happened I don't even want to think about it. I kicked the shoes off my feet and plopped onto my bed.

After the customer was arrested for attempt of murder, Mr. DeMoss had apologized to me and wanted to forget even considering to fire me.

I still quit, even when he kept apologizing.

A boss betrayed his employee. What if this had happened again? I'm not taking the risk with that anymore. Its about time I looked for a new job anyway.

Then again, that skeleton guy did save my hide from being stabbed.

"I want to thank him at least," I groaned while covering my eyes from the light.

BZZZZZ BZZZZZ, my phone goes off out of nowhere.

What is it now?

I pick up my galaxy phone and swiped right to unlock.

Hey girl, you free tonight?

My friend, Charlotte had texted me. Is it sad that she's the only friend I have?

Yeah, I have plenty of time. I quit my job today. My boss decided to stick up for a perverted customer.

Then my phone goes off again, with Charlotte's face on my phone as an incoming call.

"You quit your job?! Girl it was about damn time."

"I couldn't put up with how my 'loyal' boss decided to fire me before considering other options."

"Well how about we celebrate by drinking at The Underground tonight?"

I quickly accepted her offer. The Underground was my favorite bar in this huge city. It's the only one I'll ever agree going to for a good drink. The service was great and the drinks the bartender poured were out of this world.

"Sure, how about at 8 tonight?"

"Sounds good to me, girly. I'll see you there!" Charolette exclaimed before she hung up.

I looked at the clock again, it reading 11:47, it was still too early. It was still practically lunch. Isn't it just fun to be late for work, get sexually harassed, and loose your job in the same day?

I think its freakin' thrilling.

I rolled back over to my side and fell back asleep. Maybe when I wake up, my day would get better.

...6 hours later...

The loud ringing woke me up from my sleep. It rang so loudly that I couldn't go back to sleep even if I tried.

The caller ID read WORK, and without hesitation I rejected the call. Now that is just very pathetic; Mr. DeMoss begging me to come back? I don't think so.

The clock to my bedside read 6:52 pm. God, how long was I sleeping? Today was the only moment I really had to relax anymore. Now its time to get ready.

I swung my closet door open, revealing a limited amount of outfits I've always wanted to wear on a day like this. I've had them closed up in here for so long, I had almost forgotten they even existed.

Excitedly, I dressed myself in a striped crop top with a black undershirt. I wore shorts that bore down to the midst of my thigh, and long stockings that almost met the hem of my shorts. My flashy leather booths met up to my knee, and I was almost giddy when I looked into the mirror while tying a red ribbon in my hair on the side of my head.