Chapter 19

"This place is gorgeous Sans! I don't see why you don't like it." I awed at the refinery of atmosphere. It was already furnished with high end Ashley furniture and interior decor. The only thing we really owned here was the small nick knacks and our clothes. 

While the sunset glowed through large scale pent house windows, Sans was standing right at the window with his head against the glass. His melancholy behavior was like purple miasma, pinned in the air like low hanging strings.

"This place is too nice. It makes me want to vomit," he said with his arms clutched around his abdomen.

"Well I guess I could understand your predicament."

Seeing Sans in a place like this, it made him look drastically out of place. You don't see a guy that lives the way he does, in a place like this. 

"You do seem a bit out of place here."

"Just a bit?" Sans groaned like he was in pain. 

His moping was starting to poke at me so much, that it was getting very annoying. I walked over to him and pushed his shoulders up to where he faced me. His eyes widened as if he was taken by surprise.

"Sans, don't be like that! Look, I can see that you don't exactly like it here, but be grateful. Mettaton only did this to keep us safe. He did this because he cared. So please lighten up, you're kinda rubbing your bad mood off on me."

Though I was just nagging him at this point, it really did irritate me that he wouldn't see things from outside of his point of view; like a deeper meaning than what it looks on the outside. I didn't pay attention to how Sans snaked his arms around my waist. My chest was against his and his face was above mine. Feeling him so close made me lose track of thought.

"Can I kiss you?" My face heats up from his random question.

"Wait, what? Were you not listening to me?"

"You're annoyance caught me off guard, but I just couldn't help but want to hold you when you touch me."

Gawwwdddd, how is he all of a sudden a romantic? He was so smooth to ignore me by making a romantic gesture. 

"I---I'm not sure," I said, with my voice all sullen. 

Rejection in his eyes was more than apparent to me. He slowly backed away, as if he was respecting my decision and not wanting to press me any further. 

"I..understand," he said.

It hurt.

It pains me just to look at Sans when I was the one who ended up hurting him. I don't  want to give Sans false hope. He thinks this is a trial relationship, but to me, it feels like it's the real thing. His confession, his feelings, they seem unreal to me; like something this good shouldn't be happening.

"I'll be in the bedroom," Sans said, slouching over, with whatever energy he just had, just drained.

Without thinking, I grabbed hold the hem of his sleeve and reached my hand up to his chin, forcing him to look at me.

"Whaa--" Sans tensed up, all startled, before I connected my lips with his. It was forceful, hoping some degree, that my feelings would get through.

Sans was rigid for the moment, as if he tried to process what just happened in the past few seconds. 

My lips unlocked from his and I set my feet flat back down on the floor. I had to stand on the tip of my toes to reach him. The look on Sans' face was really priceless, as he just stared at me with his eye sockets all wide and bugging out. 

"Whhat... why did you.." when Sans spoke, he was all over the place. The more he realized it, the more embarrassed he became. The color on his cheeks have never been so bright yellow. 

"You goof, you looked as if I completely rejected you."

"But.."

I placed my finger on his mouth.

"I never said that I didn't like you."

For a split second, at the speed of light, Sans grabbed my arm and practically lifted me off the floor. He hoisted me up by my waist and held me to where my face was directly above his. The look in his eyes was full of hope, want, and need. 

"Does this mean that I can be more hopeful?" 

In response, my heart pounded away like a racehorse winning first place. I knew that I wasn't the only one that felt my heart beating, because as soon as felt it, Sans smirked mischievously and pulled my head down, exerted the space in between our lips to close. 

Though Sans was all bone, his lips felt so warm, so soft, and so passionate. He practically poured all of his desire within each time our lips synchronized against each other. For a monster who despised humans, I could tell he was genuine about loving me. Not because that I was human, but because it was me he longed for this entire time; just as much as I wanted him. 

I don't deserve this....

But I want this. 

I couldn't catch my breath, because Sans didn't give me a chance to breathe. Without directly noticing, my back landed on something soft, while the weight of Sans body pressed down on me. His lips found their way to my neck, placing small kisses down my collarbone. As good as this felt, I could not let this continue.

I pushed my hands against Sans' chest, forcing him to come to an abrupt stopping point. He groaned in annoyance, judging my sudden actions.

"Wait... Sans.. I c-can't breathe," I huffed in exasperation, trying to catch up with my racing heart. 

Gawd that felt so good in all the right reasons. But it was too soon for things to come to that.

I felt Sans' weight on top of me get lighter. I looked up to see him straddling me and holding his face firmly, as if he was trying to get himself under control.

"Sorry.. I almost couldn't stop myself," Sans sighed in his apology.

"It's okay," I sighed in return.

"It's not like I didn't like it," I said subconsciously and I bit my lip after hearing myself.

I honestly didn't mean to say that out loud, and now it looked like I was teasing him to see what he would do next.

Sans focused on me, and that moment took my breath away, when that mischievous smile of his curved back on his face. This meant that he was close from losing his composure again.

"If you keep rattling my bones like that..." 

He said as he bent down above me to whisper into my ear.

"I'll make sure you won't be able to walk anytime soon."

Sans chuckled after satisfyingly teasing me, to where I could not even come up with the words to lash back out at him. He slowly got off of me and left me in a blushing mess of mixed feelings that I could not comprehend. 

"If you want, we can continue where we left off," Sans laughed, trying to rile me up once more.

"Sh-hut up you jerk!" I shouted as he walked out of the bedroom, laughing with victory.

I admit, I did deserve that.