Chapter 10

~ 1st POV~

'Shit, shit, shit, shit!'  Was all that crossed Sans mind as he begun to panic. He looked at Grillby, who was just as terrified as he was.

"Ummm uhh," Frisk answered awkwardly, not knowing how to answer.

"It's me, Punk! Don't tell me you've forgotten."

"I'm sorry... I don't know who you are." Frisk really couldn't put her finger on it, but the more Undyne spoke, she became more familiar, in a more painstakingly manner.

"You really don't remember? Frisk, we go way back!"

Frisk's thought process was interrupted by hallucinations of herself at a younger age, playing and laughing, with the same glowing heart she had in her chest. Her younger self wasn't at all how she would recall. Though she couldn't remember, Frisk had a feeling that was her. She couldn't process by what this really meant. But this unexpected force is has been triggered and clicked something in her brain for her to see these things. 

They felt too real to be fake.

With this being too much for Frisk to bear all at once, her head began to ache with an excruciating torment. She grabbed the temples of her head and cried out in distress. 

Her brain was conflicting against her, as if there was a glass wall built in a section of her mind, that she couldn't get under or over. She was so close, but so very far away.

"Frisk!" Sans exclaimed and jumped the counter, as Frisk's consciousness was slipped away from her.

Just before gravity could grab at her, Sans caught Frisk around the waist and hoisted her with one arm. Sans then shot a glare at Undyne; one that if looks could kill, she would be six feet under.

"Dammit Undyne!" Sans hollered, unable to control his pure anger. His eye burned into a bright yellow flame and it made Grillby jump, because when Sans was mad, God knows what he might do.

"What the hell did I do?!" Undyne was frantically taken aback, not expecting their reunion to end up as a death sentence.

"The very last thing we wanted to do!" Sans shouted at her, with his flame still growing brighter.

Grillby stood there shocked by the proceeding events, and he tried to conclude a possible way for all of them to stop before bloodshed.

"Now calm down Sans, it was our fault in the first place. We should've warned her beforehand."

"But she-!"

"SANS! Calm. down."

Sans insufflated heavily and hastily, and convulsed his head violently from side to side. He had calmed down before he let himself lose it, before he tore this place apart. 

Grillby had a point; if Undyne knew first off, this would've been prevented.

"Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on?"

Grillby sighed and leaned forward against the counter, clutching his hands together tightly. 

"It seems I have no choice to explain, but..."

It was too hard, even for him to repeat those words. Everyone promised to do their best to move on from the past; but as soon as Frisk came into their lives once more, the past was brought back to them.

"The kid... she has amnesia," Sans finished Grillby's unspoken words, but with more regret in his tone of voice. 

"What... how'd this happen?"

Grief afflicted Sans, and he shook his head, not able to explain how the misfortune of events brought them to where they were now.

"We'll disclose that to you, but we need to be clear of something. We can't do anything that would force Frisk into her memories. It's too risky for her own health, mentally and physically. We need to let her remember naturally on her own."

When Grillby meant by naturally, there was a possibility of Frisk regaining every part of her memories, but that also meant that her amnesia could be permanent. 

Undyne's once fixed and hard expression, softened as she began to understand the predicament. She gently nodded her head, and closed her eyes in agreement.

"Alright."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Frisk's POV~

"Hey Punk, I bet you can't dodge this!"

"Haha! You call that a throw?"

"You're fast, but not fast enough!"

"Bring it on!"

The feeling of cool air on my skin drew me away, from what seemed to be a nice dream. My eyelids fluttered open, with a light headache lingering down the back of my head. 

Slowly, my blurred vision re-cooperated back. The view of a white ceiling and the comfort of my head being propped up, made it less agonizing to wake up.  

"Hey dollface, you alright?" The tingling vibrations of Sans voice brought me back from my daze. I looked up to see where his voice was coming from, and only met a glowing pupil gazing back down at me.

My head was being propped on Sans' lap.

If that wasn't unexpected of him, then I don't know what else could literate that. I shot myself up and did my best to put some distance between me and him, but the sudden movement pinned a sharp pain in my temples.

"Heh, seems you didn't like using me as a pillow. I feel hurt," Sans sarcastically exaggerated a sniffing sound, faking a cry.

Well you seem very worried about me.

"Hey, careful. You took quite a fall after cleaning up some broken glass," Grillby said from behind me."

Now it was coming back to me. 

Sans was taking advantage of the situation to make fun of me, and it made me flustered enough to drop a liquor glass. I must've slipped on a piece of glass and hit my head. Pretty hard too.

But wasn't there a monster lady here?

"Wasn't there a woman here?" I asked, as I carefully stood up.

"What are you talking about? There was no one here," Sans retorted, and he got back up on his feet.

"There was a fish monster, she seemed to know my name." I brushed myself off and looked around the empty bar. There was no one but us here at the moment.

"Oh her? She's an old friend of ours, she knew you because we talked about you. She left awhile ago." Grillby was once again polishing his wine glasses, not daring to look me in the eye for some reason.

"Oh, I see. Next time I see her I should apologize that I couldn't speak to her more."

"Well yeah, you were like half dead on the floor," Sans said. "Since it was not very busy, I thought it would hurt you more if we moved you around too much. So I cleaned up the glass for you," Grillby stated in sync with Sans' sentence.

"Thank you Grillby." I guess....

Sans and Grillby, both of them seemed too normal than usual. Way too normal than I remembered.

"You guys can go home. Frisk's shift ended awhile ago."

"Uhh alright," I replied, not taking a second to suspect Grillby.

It didn't really take Sans too much time to teleport back to the apartment. And it was strange of him not to make any sly or rude remarks before heading off to his room. Normally, he would at least look me in the face, though this time, he hasn't even looked my way before trotting off casually.

Something was going on. I have a strong gut feeling, and I just can't ignore that.