Chapter 4

A short breath escaped my lips as my phone had long cut Charlotte off from a dying battery. I was trying to process all the events that took place today and counted of number of times I had my hopes up to have a better life, but turned out for the worst.

I snapped back into reality, with Sans just staring at me with an emotionless eye. He probably could not comprehend what was flying around in my thoughts, because he could not understand what humans feel. All my thoughts shattered and my heart immediately began to race with anxiety.

I forced myself up with every fiber in my being, no matter how much it hurt. I had to go, I had to do something, but what could I do in this state? I had to do something.

"Where do you think you're going," Sans said sharply.

"Where do YOU think I'm going," I unintentionally mocked him, as I limped to the door, but fell on my way there.

"You are in no shape to even be moving."

I refused to listen, even if he was right.

"I need to do something Sans. All my stuff, my belongings, everything...," I said as I heaved myself up off the floor, ignoring the stabbing pain in my stomach.

"If you know what's good for you, I'd advise you to stop, dollface," he said, lighting a cigarette.

But I continued to ignore him, as stubborn as I was. The room was dark and stuffy, but it was easy to pinpoint where the front door was in such a tiny living-room.

I fell once more, and I felt my body smack into the rough carpet beneath me. I couldn't move anymore, even if I tried and wanted to, I had no strength left in me to get back up.

As I lied there on the floor, I felt Sans' eye watch me make a fool of myself. He didn't help me, didn't move an inch from where he was standing. He just freaking stood there watching as if I was a newborn fawn learning how to walk.

It wasn't even a whole day since I heard this guy actually talk, and I'm starting to regret even meeting him in the first place.

"You gonna listen to me now, or you gonna continue to push yourself?"

My body started to feel light as a feather and I could no longer feel the roughness of the floor I was sprawled out on. I opened my eyes and watched myself literally float back over to the sofa and was forced to lie down.

Sans' eye, was once again, flaming yellow as bright as the sun. There was no anger on his face and no amusement, just a blank face.

"You humans are so annoying with your overemotional bullshit," he spat out, not even regarding me as his equal.

"I need to go, Sans!"

"And what can you do, hmm? What can you do when you get there? You can't even get up by yourself without you falling on the floor like a damn ragdoll."

"But..," I stopped myself from arguing. There was no way I was gonna win this kind of argument. As cruel and lethal his words were, he had a point too.

The way he said it, just made it more unbearable to deal with.

"Fine...," I huffed as I closed my eyes once more. My chest hurt, not from the bruised bones I had, but from the despair drowning out the rest of the world.

I wanted to cry, but it would show that I'm weak. I can't cry, no matter how much I wanted to. So I bit my lip and slowly turned over to attempt to sleep.

But I felt something heavy in my chest, like an aggravated burning sensation.

I felt like I was feeling someone's emotions other than mine.