Chapter 3

Sans..

That name rolls in my mind for hours. The more I think about it, the more I want to say it again.

I didn't even bother to get drunk tonight, more like I didn't feel the need to anymore. Charlotte and I stayed at the Underground for hours till I felt that she was sober enough to leave by herself.

After Charlotte decided to leave, I took a sip of water that Grillby had set down for me. I continued to nurse at it till the tipsiness started to wear off of me.

"Here," Grillby handed a piece of paper to me.

"What's this?" I raised one of my eyebrows while looking down at the sheet of paper, in big bold letters: APPLICATION OF EMPLOYMENT. My eyes glitter in astonishment as I re-read the title of the document.

"What does this mean Grillby?"

"It's the least I could do, Frisk. It's my bar and you're in need of a job."

"I...I don't know what to say." I was too lost for words when Grillby even thought out this offer for me. I honestly feel very grateful to even be considered for employment when I just practically complained about work all the time.

"Be here at 11:00 am tomorrow with a white t-shirt and jeans, and I'll show you the rounds. Just bring the application with you. No need for an interview. I just need proof of application."

I nod my head in excitement, this meant so much to me. I closed one door and another one opened for me. I guess dreams can come true after all.

I take the application and fold it neatly into my purse. As I wave goodbye, I walk out the door with my fists to my chest and a giant grin on my face. I was too happy to take the cab, so I decided to enjoy the night sky by taking my twenty minute walk home.

Not knowing have naive I was with my head up in the clouds, I turned down a dark empty street with very few street lamps lighting up the sidewalk.

As dumb as I was, I just hummed a happy tune. That was before an unknown hand from an alley grabbed my arm and yanked me to a wall. I yelped in pain when my wrists were forced behind me and tied together tightly.

"Is this the girl, Mr. Schwarz?"

About eight intimidating faces approached into the light, with one of them I recognized all too well.

"Yes that's her, the bitch that got me arrested this morning."

"You're that pervert," I growled as I struggled to break free from my bounded wrists.

"Hehehe, not so tough now, are we?" The man grabbed me by the hair and yanked it up so my face was forced to look at his.

"You're not bad looking. You got the face and body. I could sell you at a high price," Mr. Schwarz grinned evilly. He looked me up and down disgustingly, as if he was determining what price he could use by how my body looked.

He then grasped onto one of my breasts, and I just felt like throwing up.

"A size C maybe?"

Oh hell no.

Using up all my courage, I spit in the man's face to back off from me.

"Aggh!"

He tumbled back a few steps while wiping my spit off of his face.

"You wench, you'll pay for that!" He punches me square across the face, causing me to fall on my side.

I hissed in pain as my face had begun to swell. I've never been punched so hard in the face before.