Chapter 9

She sighs loudly as she waits for the right moment to go inside her room and meet her brand new roommate. She only knows her name, and she thinks she isn't a bad person in the school since she didn't recognise her. Her name is Bridget, Bridget Regan, and who knows, maybe they could be friends. After all, Karlie's friend Gigi is avoiding her like the plogue, but surely she will talk to her tomorrow.

The vibration of her phone interruptes her thoughts, and she knows perfectly who it is. It's probably Taylor, because since they broke up the blonde had sent her at least three messages, but Karlie didn't open them. She didn't want to know what Taylor wanted to tell her.

However, the inquisitiveness is killing her, and so she picks up her phone and opens all four messages from the blonde.

Karlie where the hell are you.

Sent at 11 am

Karlie seriously where the hell are you? You should have been here at least an hour ago.

Sent at 12 am

Karlie can you please answer  me.

Sent at 12.40 am

Ok fine. I won't disturb you. I know what you did. You changed room, I know. Because this little girl came in and said that she was my new roommate. Fantastic. Listen, honestly, I don't care where you are or who you are with. I will stop messaging you, because I don't care about you. Goodbye.

Sent at 1.27 am

Karlie sighs loudly as she goes through the last message, every word hurting her like knives. She should've expected that. Taylor doesn't care about her. Of course she doesn't. Why would she? She was exactly the girl Gigi was talking about; a fuck girl who fucks around and then leaves you for some other chick. Karlie should've known that she wasn't special to her. She wasn't Taylor's girlfriend like she wanted them to be.

As a tear rolls down her cheek, Karlie begins typing a reply to the blond.

Fuck you. Please leave me alone and don't you ever message me.

Sent at 1.30 am

She stands up from the chair that she found outside, and starts walking towards her new room, doing her best to ignore the big lump on her throat that is burning.

When she reaches her destination, she opens slowly the door, not wanting to wake up her new roommate, but she's surprised to find her awake.

"Hi! You must be Karlie, right?" the dark-haired girl asks, standing immediately in front of the taller girl.

"Yeah, I'm Karlie. Nice to meet you, you must be--"

"Bridget. Bridget Regan, nice to meet you too," she smiles, and Karlie finds it difficult not to smile back. Her smile is really nice. Karlie looks around herself, and plops down on her new bed.

"Were you waiting for me?"

"Is it weird if I say yes? I just wanted to meet you so bad," Bridget laughs quietly, blushing lightly. She's cute.

"Well, it's not really weird. Tell me about you, though," Karlie says with a big smile. Bridget sits down in her own bed, right in front of the taller girl, and giggles.