Chapter 20

They were laughing when all of a sudden Bridget Regan is at their table, her eyes full of anger. It is directed at the blond, who stops laughing immediately when she sees the look in her eyes. "Can I talk to you for a minute, Taylor?" she says, her voice quick and tight. Taylor stares at her with a confused expression, and she nods furiously. "In private," Bridget adds, glancing in Ariana's direction.

"You can tell me what you have to tell me right here," the blond replies, her voice stern and sharp. She's tired of feeling weak and useless, and right now she wants to look confident and powerful to Karlie's girlfriend.

"Okay," the girl says, narrowing her eyes. She purses her lips and nods, lifting her index finger and pointing at Taylor. "Since you hurt my girlfriend, I don't want to see you near her, understand?"

Taylor is caught off guard as she widens her eyes. She purses her lips, trying not to look surprised by Bridget's outburst. "I didn't do anything to her," she replies.

"You have hurt her, deeply, whether it's in the past or two days ago, you've hurt her. You won't ever talk to her again, you understand?" Bridget warns her. As soon as Taylor nods, lowering her gaze, the girl walks away like nothing happened.

"You let her go like that?!" Ariana exclaims, stopping right in front of the taller girl. Taylor sighed exasperated, and averts her eyes, not wanting to look her friend in the eye.

"I don't stand a chance with Karlie, Ariana! I'm a monster, she doesn't want to deal with me," she says. She looks around them and sees that they have attracted a lot of people's attention. Before she knows it, Ariana grabs her wrist and drags her in a isolated place. There's no one here, and it looks like the short girl is going to scold her.

"You can't give up on her that easily! If there's a monster in this situation, that is Bridget, not you! You had a horrible past, you have a reason to act lile this, Taylor, she doesn't. You can't give up on Karlie like this, I know it's hard, but sometimes you have to believe in love. Sometimes you have to believe that it gets better," Ariana says slowly. She wants Taylor to understand this concept, she must understand it.

Taylor lowers her head, tears already trying to escape from her eyes. "I just..." she falters. Ariana rubs both of her hands up and down her arms, comforting her. "I just want to be a better woman, is that too much to ask to myself?" she softly cries, wiping her tears with her fingertips.

"Maybe Karlie still loves you, and maybe the reason why she doesn't want to see you anymore is because she wants to move on," Ariana says.

"She loved me. Past tense," Taylor corrects her, sniffling lightly.

"Well, I think that if she knew that you love her maybe she will come back," the shorter girl replies. Taylor isn't convinced by this, and shakes her head.

"Bridget is better than me. I know that, you know that, and she knows that. She won't come back just because I love her," Taylor says.

"Maybe you loving her is the only reason she needs to break up with Bridget," Ariana comments quietly.

Taylor shakes off the short girl's hands from her body. "Ariana, stop,"

"No," the brunette says firmly. "No, I won't. I think if you love someone then you have to tell them while you still can. If she makes you different, then go for it. Change, Taylor. Isn't that what you want? To change and be better?"

"She's over me. She has Bridget now," the blond replies stubbornly.

"Stop," Ariana says. "Stop right there. Stop torturing yourself with these...horrible thoughts," she shakes her head. She cups the blond's face in her hands, and with a small grin asks, "What makes you feel better?"

"Writing a song about my feelings," Taylor replies, her voice confused. What does Ariana want to do? "Why?"

"Let's...let's write a song together. You know, prom is in two weeks and maybe we could sing this song in front of everyone," Ariana suggests with an encouraging smile. Taylor doesn't seem convinced, but agreees anyway.

Once they're back in their room, the blond sits on the bed with her guitar under her arm, strumming some notes. While the brunette changed in clothes more comfortable, Taylor started writing something down in her journal. I was a liar / I gave into the fire. She bites her bottom lip, as she struggles to write something more. Feel like a failure / 'cause I know that I failed you / I should've done you better / 'cause you don't want a liar. She's somehow happy with what she wrote, but reading it again it made the situation more real. It was true, she failed Karlie, she was just a disappointment, and she just wanted to be better from now on.

"You've already started without me?" Ariana teases, peaking over Taylor's shoulder.

"Yeah, I wrote something," she replies, sounding shy. She hands the paper over, and the brunette reads the lyrics she has just written down while sitting beside the girl.

"This is so fucking good," Ariana comments, and once she realises she has just swore, she covers her mouth with blushing cheeks. "Oh, shoot, sorry,"

"It's okay," Taylor chuckles. "Give it to me, I have something in mind for the chorus," she finishes. As soon as the paper is back in her hands, she furiously writes the supposed chorus down. One last time / I need to be the one who takes you home / One more time / I promise after that I'll let you go. "What do you think about this?"

Ariana's eyes roam over the new words written on the paper, and once she finishes reading it, she smiles sadly at her friend. "Taylor, this is so beautiful," she says quietly.

"Thank you," she replies, sounding shy.

"You're a wonderful writer, damn. We must sing this, she needs to hear this song, these words, once it's finished," Ariana affirms with determination. Taylor just smiles at the brunette's enthusiasm, and blushes lightly. "You are going to get back with Karlie. I will make it happen," she adds, kissing loudly the blond's cheeks.

They spend their night like this, laughing back and forth and writing their song. They decide to call it 'One Last Time', and after some time, Ariana finally convinced Taylor in singing the song at prom in front of Karlie.

It will be an interesting night, that's for sure.

A/N: prom night is going to be interesting lol. I hope you are all liking this, and tell me what you think of this!!

GOOD NEWS: I'm currently working on the first chapter of the sequel of my very first story rOsEs. Of course when I will publish it I will tell you:)