Chapter 13

Karlie closes the door behind her, and she's surprised to see her roommate laying on her bed while reading one of Harry Potter's book. Her dark hair fell in her face when she turned around to greet her friend. "Hey, Kar,"

"Hey," she plops down on her bed, and as she points to the book she asks, "You like Harry Potter? It's been a month and you I didn't know this important information?"

Bridget laugh softly, and closes the book. She places it on her night table. "I'm sorry. I didn't think you would like that book," the dark-haired girl replies shyly.

"Like that book? Girl, I adore Harry Potter!" she exclaims excitedly. Her roommate chuckles softly, but Karlie immediately notices that something is off in her friend. "Are you okay?" she asks worriedly.

"Yeah...I think," Bridget replies, shrugging. She's not meeting her eyes and Karlie knows that something's bothering the girl.

"No, you're not," the taller girl sighs softly, sittind down beside her. "What's wrong?" Karlie asks, placing a hand on her friend's shoulder. "Is it something I did?"

"No it's–it's nothing, really. I'm sorry, it's just...I don't want to talk about it," she replies, struggling to find the right words to describe how she really feels.

"Are you sure? Maybe talking about it will help you. It always helps me talking about things," Karlie comforts her, rubbing her fingers up and down Bridget's right arm. "I'm here for you. I'm your friend."

"That's the problem," the dark-haired girl replies, not meeting her green eyes. Karlie is confused at first, but then she realizes what the girl is talking about and can't help but let out a soft, inaudible gasp.

"What? I don't understand," she says quietly, playing dumb.

"I know you understand, Karlie," the girl says sighing. They gaze at each other's eyes for a moment, and the taller girl finds herself getting nervous. "Never mind, it's nothing. Let's just go to bed,"

"No we're not going to bed. We're talking,"  Karlie says sternly, blocking Bridget's arm before it could turn the lights off. "What's the problem?" she asks.

"I–can I ask you something?" Karlie nods quickly. "Are you and Taylor–do you keep in touch with her? Are you still in love with her?" she questions.

Karlie opens her mouth to reply, but nothing comes out. "No, we...we don't talk anymore. We don't keep in touch. She was a bitch to me and I moved on now," she replies, trying to sound confident, but her voice is shaking slightly.

Bridget looks at her skeptically. "Are you sure?" she asks in a whisper.

"One hundred percent," she replies, nodding. Her friend looks at her, before sighing and adverting her eyes. "What's wrong?" Karlie places on of her hands over the girl's, but Bridget pulls away.

"You can't do that," she mumbles, not meeting her eyes.

"Can't do what?"

The girl purses her lips, looking at her friend's hand. "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I've never met someone like you. You are–you are actual sunshine and you light up my world like nobody else."

Karlie narrows her eyes as she tries to calm herself down. "What are you trying to say to me?" she asks, getting impatient.

"I'm–I'm saying that I like you. I have strong feelings for you," she says quietly, meeting her stare strongly. Her eyes were blue, but not as blue as Taylor's. Karlie shakes off the thoughts of Taylor from her mind and looks at her roommate without saying anything. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have sai–" before she could finish her sentence, the taller girl's lips were against her, locking their mouths in a gentle and slow kiss. Bridget, caught off guard, has her eyes open, but as soon as she realizes what's happening, she closes them immediately. She cups Karlie's cheek with her hand, shyly kissing her back.

However, every kiss comes to an end, and for them it comes too soon. Karlie is the first to pull away, staying close to the girl's face and pressing their foreheads together. "What does this mean?" Bridget asks, her voice slightly groggy. Her cheeks are pink and there's a ghost of a smile in both of their lips.

"It means that I like you, too, and this," Karlie pauses, looking briefly down at her lips. "This was our first kiss. One of the many first kiss we will share."

Bridget lets out a shaky breath, giggling. Her heart beat was pounding, fearing a rejection, but now it fills with love and butterflies start to fly in her stomach. "Can I ask you one last question?"

Karlie nods. "Sure."

Her roommate smiles widely, before saying, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

The brunette tries to contain the big smile that tries to take over, before replying, "I'd love to."

A/N: short chapter I know lol. This had to happen guys, I know a lot of you are disappointed in this but the good thing is that at the end, kaylor will be good!

Hope you like this and that you will keep reading this! Love you all and tysm ❤